Real Life.

Couple days later.

I sat at the kitchen island in the main house that Friday morning looking down at my hands. They were bruised from the night before.
"Nightmares again?"
My eyes went up to Hemsworth grabbing an orange from the basket with a smile on his lips.
"Brooklyn? Nightmares or do I need to remove Evans?"
"When you saw me walk out of that hospital, what did you think?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Did you think I would come out ok? Did you think I would be ok?"
"Brooke, you were so fucked up when you came out of there. It was kinda sad. It was heartbreaking to learn the truth about it all."
I nodded my head back at him.
"You want to talk more?"
"No, Harlow wants to go out on the horses today before it gets too hot." I said getting up from the bar.
"Hey, Brooke..."
I turned back to him when he touched the scar.
"He isn't coming back."
"I know that."
"Then stop walking around like he is on your back."
I shook the thought from my head as I was out the side door heading down to the barn.
Hemsworth tossed the orange back into the basket when Elsa walked into the room, "Everything ok?"
"Are we sure about Theo?"
"What are you talking about?"
"That he isn't going to bother her anymore?"
"Sebastian is with her."
"Sebastian shouldn't be with her. Remember that?"
"He knows the rules. And you should also know that you were never apart of it. You just know it from me so do not come at me like that again."
Hemsworth glared back at her.
"I know my sister's strengths. I know her weaknesses."
"Her weakness just walked past the door." Hemsworth snapped back.
"He won't be her downfall."
"Really then what will?"
"A baby. That will be her downfall."

--

Harlow glanced back at Sebastian, "Have you never rode before?"
Sebastian held on tight to the reins, "Of course I have."
I rode behind him as Chris was next to me.
"Hey," Chris called over to me, "you were up early this morning."
"Elsa does yoga on the beach. I do it with her." I said keeping my eyes on Sebastian.
"And your hands? You wanna talk to me about that?"
I grinned back at him, "You ask too many questions."
"I love you, I will ask everything when it comes to you."
"I closed my hand into the door." I straightened my hand out as pain shot up my arm.
"You really are clumsy."
I laughed back at him when our horses stopped from under us.
Chris looked forward as Harlow was turnt back to me.
Sebastian gripped the reins as the truck of young boys was parked in the road.
"You wanna move the truck?" I called up to them.
"Sorry darling, don't think I can." He grinned back at me.
Harlow looked back at me when I saw it.
The rifle in the back window and the shotgun on the back tailgate.
I slipped down from my horse, "You are on private property. You are not allowed to be hunting here."
"Private property? Are you lost girl?" Another boy shot back at me.
I ran my hand down Harlow's horse, "Go back to Chris."
Harlow pulled back making her horse back up.
Chris looked over at Harlow as she was behind him, "You ok?"
"Yea, I just do well with confrontation." Harlow rested her hand on her stomach like she was about to be sick.
Chris rose up on his horse.
"I really think you should just leave. Everything will be better." I calmly said to them.
The first guy laughed at me, "Princess, you need to go back to whatever state you came from. This is our territory"
"And I think you should watch your tone." Sebastian was next to me with his chest puffed out.
I counted them.
Five.
Two with handguns.
One rifle in the truck.
One shotgun to the side.
Sebastian looked at them, "You are on private property. She told you to leave. You have no choice anymore in this discussion on what you are doing. You will get back into that truck and you will get your ass off this land."
The second guy walked up to Sebastian, "Boy, you can take that statement and put it where the sun don't shine."
I stepped forward when Sebastian grabbed my wrist pulling me back, "I am gonna be a gentleman because this isn't my land, but the owner would never like this. He would be a little pissed a bunch of locals are hunting."
I cut my eyes over to the guy at the end of the truck, "Seb."
Sebastian reacted to my whisper.
His hands went out grabbing the end of the gun sending it into the air. His right hand came back down striking the guy in the face.
I went toward the one guy when Chris's voice broke my train of thought.
I stumbled back as Sebastian flipped the gun around hitting the guy again in the face sending him to the ground.
"Get your asses off this land!" Sebastian started breaking the gun apart. "Or you won't just get the end of the gun against your cheek."
I shook my head as the truck raced away from us.
Harlow nodded her head back at me without me saying a word to her.
Sebastian glared back at me.
I kissed my horse trying to get my head clear.
"What the hell was that?" Chris asked me stepping to me.
"I hate the local punks." I said back to him wrapping my arms around his neck.
"Babe that was stupid, Sebastian and I could have handled that!" Chris pushed.
"Lets just head back to the house." I kissed his neck stepping away from him.
Sebastian swung his leg getting back on the horse in one motion.
Chris glared back at him, "How did that just happen?"
"It just clicked." Sebastian hit the side of the horse racing past me.
I shook my head as Harlow raced off after him.
"Babe..."
I turned back to Chris.
His horse had wandered off to the side.
I grinned back at him as I called the horse's name.

--

Harlow went down to the beach with the twins and Elsa while India was at the house with Hemsworth and Sebastian.
Chris walked into the main house looking around.
"You ok?" Hemsworth asked him.
"Just looking for Brooklyn."
"She can just vanish, she does that." Hemsworth leaned over kissing his oldest child on the forehead. "But come with me."
Chris followed Hemsworth down the side hallway.
He pushed open a door.
Hemsworth nodded for Chris to walk in.
He went in with Hemsworth closing the door behind them.
Hemsworth went across the room touching something.
Chris narrowed his eyes when the large photo came into view.
"She was like a year old. Her father and mother taken from her. Elsa was much older. Had to watch her sister suffer all this time."
Chris looked back at him.
"I want to just understand that what happened that night isn't the start of you just walking away."
"I won't walk away."
"She needs someone in her life who is going to protect her. Who is going to risk everything for her."
"I am here. I think that is risk enough."
"Getting on a plane is different from then showing up in her life."
Chris nodded his head.
"She has been through so much. From her parents to her childhood, to Theo. She needs a rock in her life. She needs a person she can count on."
"She has me. Trust me."
"I don't care about the trust. I need you to understand that when shit hits the fan, you won't walk away from her."
"I won't. I love her. I was lost without her the past few weeks. I can't do that again."
"Then prove to us all that you can deal with it."
Chris nodded his head back at Hemsworth.
"She is my baby sister, I want you to respect her. But god do I want you there to protect her. Theo is your main problem."
"I already know what I want to do to him."
"Will you actually do it?"
"What?"
"Are you going to do what you need to do when it comes to Theo? Will you handle things?"
"He ever touches her or speaks to her again, I will kill him."
"Good, that is all I want to hear." Hemsworth walked up next to Chris. "You break her heart, I break your neck."
"Fair enough." Chris muttered back to him.
Hemsworth walked out of the room leaving Chris alone.

--

That night I stood on the beach with a beer in my hands when a smile formed on my lips.
"You looked like you needed some company."
That smell.
That musk and vanilla.
It was him.
His smile was away from me but I saw it.
I felt it.
"How much longer are you going to stay here?"
"At the beach?"
"In Australia."
"Not really sure."
"I want you back in LA."
"But I'm not ready."
"Theo won't be a problem."
"How can you be sure?"
"Because you are moving out of that shit hole apartment you share with Harlow. You are going to move into my place until I get back to LA and we get a bigger house."
I looked back at him speechless.
"I won't have sleepless nights. I need to come home to you. I need to wake up to you."
"Chris..."
"Just think about it. I want you to know how much I love you. How much I care for you. A plane ticket can be cancelled. But you moving in with me, that is kinda serious."
"That is super serious."
"Just think it over. But I leave in 4 days. I want an answer by then."
I nodded my head back at him, "You will have an answer by then."
Chris grinned back at the ocean when I heard my name coming from the main house.
I wanted to say something back to him but I couldn't.
I couldn't think of the perfect thing to say.
I couldn't think of a single thing to say.
I shook my head as I started back toward the house.
Chris closed his eyes as he sighed at the nerves that had been running through his body.
"No luck?" Sebastian walked up behind him.
"She knows I want her to move in with me."
"Sounds sweet, but I am talking about the other thing in your pocket." Sebastian grinned.
"Not yet. It isn't right." Chris pulled out the black box.
"You thought the morning we woke up was the perfect moment." Sebastian laughed back at him.
Chris moved the box around in his fingers, "No, she deserves the best. It has to be the best moment. It has to be worth it all."
Sebastian grinned back at him, "Don't be scared."
"We just got back together after being apart for 3 weeks. I am not about to pop the question when we are just still on thin ice."
"Crack that son of a bitch and ask her!"
"Come on! Dinner is ready!" Harlow shouted down to them.
"Maybe now is the best time!"
"Yea when one of the twins hits me with noodles again. Super romantic!" Chris snorted back at Sebastian.
"No one said it had to be perfect." Sebastian shouted back running back up to house.
Chris flipped the top of the box to reveal the 8 carat princess cut diamond ring. "No, it has to be perfect."