Real Life.

Sebastian sat on the edge of the bed watching Harlow's every step.
"You can stop watching me like that."
"I didn't mean anything about last night."
"You were drunk, right?"
"Harlow." Sebastian moved toward her.
Harlow stepped back, "Hey I am just the one night stand right?"
Sebastian dropped his head when her bag slammed against the back wall.
"I didn't mean it."
Harlow as already out the door when Sebastian dropped to the floor.
"God I never meant that."

--

Chris pulled the towel around his body while I turned the hot water off. I pushed my hair from my face to see his body move through the bathroom.
He grabbed his underwear while water beads still ran down his back.
I shook my head grabbing my towel.
Chris ran his hand across the mirror as his eyes found mine in the reflection.
He cracked a smile back at me.
"Brooklyn?"
My head went toward the door to see Elsa standing in her sweatpants. "Hey, what are you doing up here?"
"We should talk." Elsa glanced back at Chris then to me. "Now."
I nodded my head grabbing some clothes heading out of the room.
Chris dropped his head as I vanished from the room.

Elsa was standing on the edge of the back deck with her arms crossed.
"Hey, what is going on?"
"Are you ready to go back home?"
"Yea, I will have Chris with me."
"And Sebastian."
"I can't and won't do that to Harlow."
"He knows who you are. I see the way he looks at you. He knows. It's awaken in him."
"It shouldn't have been. It should have gone dormant."
"Something like that doesn't go away."
"What do I do to keep it silent?"
"You can't and you won't. If anything is to happen to you. Let Sebastian do his job."
"Oh and what freak Chris and Harlow the fuck out?"
"You are not to mess with it. It wasn't something some old man just thought up. Russia isn't a place of sleeper cells and Romania is not a place of gorgeous mountains. He didn't get the role because he was good, he got the role because of what he can do."
"I know what Sebastian can do, I trained him." I snorted back at her.
"Then let it go." Elsa shot back.
"You didn't bring me out here to give me that speech."
"No, apparently someone has reached out to Charlie."
"Wait Charlie?"
"I think you should watch yourself going back home."
"He is my brother. Your baby brother."
"I know who he is. But he can't be trusted. He can't be trusted Brooklyn."
"I will always trust him."
"Child, don't go home with open arms for everyone."
"You still think I am that kid in London who is in love. You think I am just following him. You only see that girl that fucked herself up for a guy. I am not that person anymore. I am not her."
"Chris is a good one. But Brooklyn, you are damaged goods."
I cracked a smile back at her, "Wow, thanks Elsa."
"You don't have a clear vision on things. You don't understand how it all works!"
"I know that I am better. That I am fine. That I can trust Chris again. Don't tell me otherwise with anything else. Right now your advice stops. It all stops right here."
"Wake up and see the pain. See the sun for what it really is." Elsa said stepping closer to me. "You already lost something back in Romania, don't repeat yourself."
My bottom lip started to shake.
"You want to feel that pain again? You want to have that blood on your hands?"
I pushed her back as she stumbled back into a chair, "YOU KNOW NOTHING! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT!"
"I don't care what happened. I don't want to know. That was their blood. That was your choice."
I shook my head back at her, "You should leave."
"Have a safe flight home."
I looked back over the water when Chris walked out of the house, "Babe?"
"I just want to go home. I just wanna be in our bed. I wanna see Dodger." I cracked a smile back at him.
"Soon enough. Soon enough babe." Chris wrapped his arm around me pulling me closer to him. "We will be home soon."
I closed my eyes fighting back the tears. Fighting back the pain.

--

Harlow sat in the chair swirling the wine around.
I grabbed the wine glass from her, "I am sure the doctor told you no wine."
"I am like 2 months along. Bloated as hell and I freak out about everything."
"Has Sebastian said anything?" I asked tossing back the warm wine. I shook my head as that was horrible.
"He probably thinks I am just getting fat."
"So he hasn't?" I smiled back at her.
"I can't deal with this anymore. None of this is how I wanted to do this. And of course he said something last night."
"Last night? You mean when everyone was drunk?"
"He said she is just a one night stand, why does it matter?"
I rolled my eyes, "OH Sebastian."
"Yea, you wanna tell me how he can come back from that?"
"You can't."
"No, he fucked up. He said something you can't take that. I think cheating wouldn't be as bad as what he said. He called me nothing."
"He doesn't think of you like that. He would never think of you like that."
"Really? Has Chris ever looked at you and called you nothing?"
I narrowed my eyes back at her, "He left me and went back to Scarlett. It's kinda the same if not worse."
"True...sorry."
"It's ok Harlow. Some things are just working out differently. Everything is different for us."
Harlow looked out over the water, "Did you ever think that when we moved to LA that this would be our lives? Sitting in Australia, me knocked up, you a little knocked around."
I smiled back at her, "No Harlow, I didn't picture this."
Harlow rubbed her growing stomach. "I can't wait to meet this little guy."
"So it is a boy." I grinned back at her.
"I think so. He kicks a lot when sebastian is around. Like it sucks having to keep moving so Sebastian doesn't feel it."
I looked at her stomach, "Sounds like magic though Harlow. It sounds exciting."
"Besides having to pee every 2 minutes."
I nodded my head back at her when I saw the guys standing up at the main house looking down at us. "But it will be magical having him around when he does appear."
"We shall see." Harlow rested her head back against the chair.