Real Life.

The thought hung over my head.
Was he?
Could he be?
I shook my head as the thought raced around and around.
It was later in the night as I pushed my leftover Chinese around my plate.
Harlow had left a few hours earlier for another appointment to see more about the baby and if she would be able to travel soon.
I sat up as the tv came back from commercial.
"Kinda scandalous that Scarlett Johansson could have had Chris Evans baby. Kinda comics coming to life."
I rolled my eyes turning the tv off. "Kinda wanna throw up."
"Babe?"
I turned around hearing his voice. "Christopher?"
Chris made the turn coming into the bedroom.
"What the hell are you doing here?"
"I wasn't doing this over the phone."
I shook my head getting up from the floor. "You just left the set?"
"I needed to talk to you," he walked over to me.
I stopped him, "you flew all the way out here to just talk?"
"I just got you back. This isn't going unspoken until I got time. I made time to come and see you."
I shook my head back at him, "Chris."
"No I'm talking. I'm the one who is talking right now."
I narrowed my eyes back at him.
"This was Scarlett and her stupid shit. I never fucked her without protection. I didn't want that with her. I didn't want that kinda life with her. I love you. I want this with you. I want so much more with you."
"Chris..."
"No. I am speaking!"
I bite down on my bottom lip as he still had something to say.
"That baby is not mine. I am not the father of that little girl. And my mother did not say that shit about her baby looking like me."
I nodded my head just looking at him.
"I would never do a damn thing to hurt you. I have never done a thing to break your heart. I love you and god if I ever hurt you I would never be ok with myself. I thought I was helping Scarlett with the Theo thing but god that was stupid. That was so stupid. I should have just stayed with you and saw your face. You told me to just leave things alone and trust you. God I need to trust you more. Baby I'm so sorry."
I just looked at him.
"I'm sorry I was an idiot. I love you and want you to know that I am with you. I am with you through it all."
I kept just looking at him.
"Babe?"
"Oh I can talk now?"
"Don't." Chris closed his eyes with a sigh.
I grinned back at him, "I know you wanna protect me and love me. But I also know Theo and his stupid shit. This isn't Scarlett this is all Theo. He knows messing with me is making me weak in one area. That's my heart. And right now you have my heart. Actually you are my heart."
Chris wrapped his arms around me pulling me close. "So you trust me?"
"Yes she isn't that cute to make you finish."
Chris busted out laughing in my shoulder. "I actually love you so much."
I smiled kissing him on the neck. "So how much trouble are you gonna be in?"
"You are forgetting I am Captain America. They can't fire me without a riot."
I pushed him back on the bed. "Really?"
"They want me badly."
"God I know that feeling." I said straddling his waist.
His hands glazed over my sides. "I love you."
I cracked a smile, "One thing tho."
"I will finish."
I narrowed my eyes back at him.
"Not your question."
"No babe."
"Anyways what?"
"You and Scarlett?"
"Babe way to kill this mood."
"I'll get your mood back. But seriously. You said you couldn't see much with her. What did you mean?"
"I don't see myself marrying her. I don't see myself starting a family with her. I look at you and I want that with you. I love you like nothing I have ever loved."
"I'm your first?"
"My first what?"
"Your first real love."
Chris leaned up kissing me. "You are my only true love."
I grinned back against his lips, "You keep talking like that we gonna up with something we have to take care of."
"You think I'm not trying for that."
I smiled back into him as his hand hit my back pushing me closer into him.
"You think I don't wanna play a dangerous game with you." He growled into my ear.
My eyes snapped open as I pushed Chris back.
He sat up as I stumbled back across the room, "Babe?"
I put my hands up to stop him. "Just stay there."
"Did I say something wrong?"
I looked up at him, "no. You said the right thing. You actually said the right thing. You always say the right thing to me. But I can't I can't get over what has happened."
Chris slowly went to the floor looking me dead in the eyes. "I love you. I will never hurt you."
"It's not you. It's never you."
Chris grabbed my hand as I was rocking back and forth, "Right now right here it is just me and you. He is never coming back. He will never come back."
I looked up from his hand, "Do you love me?"
"Yes."
"No matter what?"
"Yes."
I nodded my head as I went up on my knees pulling Chris into me. "Then let's play that dangerous game."

--

Unknown Location.
"Calling me wasn't smart. But coming out here to see me? Again not fucking smart."
Sebastian looked up at him, "Theo is back with his little tricks."
The older man sat down across from Sebastian, "And you come here to me?"
"I need your advice."
"You need my advice? My advice for what?"
"What do I do?"
"You buckle up for this ride. Theo is untouchable."
"You want me to really believe that?"
"No because all of you idiots have been doing something to get their attention."
"That wasn't up to me."
"Then you need to stop doing whatever you want."
"I am not."
"Really like going after my daughter?"
"I didn't know she was." Sebastian said back to him.
"Harlow Montgomery, you want me to believe that you just don't remember?"
"You must have forgotten that they took some of my memoires."
"The Winter Soldier does live on."
"He isn't awake."
"Then maybe you need to wake him the fuck up and handle some things."
"What about Brooklyn?"
"The little princess?"
"Little princess? I am talking about the raven."
"I never thought I would hear that name again."
"We all called your daughter the princess."
He grinned back at Sebastian, "Watch yourself boy."
"I came back here to get help with Brooklyn. Theo is pushing hard and I don't think I will be able to control her."
"Control her or control yourself?"
"Does it really matter? If something happens and one of us shows up, we will have to explain."
"Explain what? What will you have to explain?"
"Explain why one of us killed Theo."
"The company is behind you. You remove that problem, we will handle the rest."
"You mean they will, I thought you were out?"
"You can talk about it, but you never really leave it."
Sebastian nodded his head, "I just didn't come here to talk about Theo."
"You love her, don't you?"
"Yes sir, I do."
"Let me see it."
Sebastian removed the box from his pocket putting it on the table, "I really had this planned to talk to you about me and her. Not about them."
He took the box with a smile on his lips, "I knew you growing up. I watched you from a boy grow into this man today. You protected Brooklyn and you did what you were told. I have no problem knowing you will protect my daughter through anything that may come up."
"She has my heart."
"Good, she is a special one. The only one I didn't lose to that company. Her older brothers, god, her mother hates me over it. Her mother hates her over it."
"Wait, she hates Harlow over it? Why?"
"Harlow didn't have to do anything. She didn't qualify. So she didn't have to deal with it."
"Why didn't she qualify?"
"When Harlow as born, she had a twin sister."
"She what? Brooklyn didn't mention her."
"She died during childbirth. Her mother was heartbroken but wanted Harlow to have a normal life. But when I took the job in Romania and both of my older sons went in. It was a race to keep her daughter safe."
"Harlow talks about her mother killing her dream of being a model."
"Because Harlow is the last remaining child she has."
"Harlow just speaks so badly about her."
"Her mother would rather have Harlow hate her than Harlow know the truth about me or her siblings. It would kill Harlow to know that it was Brooklyn."
"What do you mean it was Brooklyn?"
"All kids have to pass a training class."
"Yea, I remember that. I suffered a broken collarbone from it."
"Brooklyn was their test."
"Oh shit."
"Exactly and exactly why her mother keeps a harsh light on Brooklyn."
"But that wasn't Brooklyn. That was the company making her do that."
"We know that, Brooklyn knows that. But she knows Harlow won't understand." He looked over his shoulder at the clock on the wall. "I need to head back before I get in trouble with the wife."
Sebastian nodded his head back at him, "I will protect her with everything I have."
"I know you will Sebastian. But another thing, she wants a family."
"Harlow does?"
"She always wanted a big family."
Sebastian looked down at the box.
"I know you are scared of what lays in you now, but remember that whatever you are, they will also be that thing."
Sebastian swallowed back hard as he left the little diner.