Real Life. The Final Chapter.

"You did what?"
I shook my head as Elsa grabbed me, "Brooklyn?"
"I don't know. I don't know." I looked back at her.
"What the hell have you done." Elsa glared back at me as Hemsworth walked over to her room. "God, why are you so fucking careless sometimes."
"Ease up Elsa." Charlie said from his phone. "She is just young."
"And stupid!" Elsa shouted at me.
Charlie pushed himself up from the table, "You are talking to Evans tonight right?"
I looked back at my phone.
It had been two hours since I walked away from him.
Charlie turned back to Elsa, "Just handle everything here. It will be ok in the end."
"Are you sure? Are sure this is gonna be ok? Look at what has been done. Sebastian attacked Theo."
"Theo attacked me." I corrected her.
"Whatever story you want Brooklyn. But right now. You have his blood on your shirt. You have her lose on your shoulders. This is not how any of this was supposed to happen. You said you were going to behave."
"I am behaving." I snorted back at her.
"Elsa, drop the CEO attitude. None of us care right now about that."
Elsa pointed back at Charlie, "Get back on that fucking plane and get the hell away from our family. You caused this and you brought it back."
Charlie nodded his head looking back at me, "I am sorry for that."
I shook my head back at him.
Charlie went out of the room not protesting her again.
"He is family Elsa."
"He is your half brother. You are nothing to him."
"I am just your half sister, so does that mean I am nothing to you?"
Elsa just looked back at me.
"We have been through alot. But right now, I need you to tell me that tomorrow will still have a sunrise. I want you to tell me it's gonna be ok."
Elsa just stood there watching me.

----

Chris stood outside the hospital with a cigarette between his lips.
"I thought you quit." Hemsworth said walking up to him.
"It's been a little stressful." Chris said back to him.
Hemsworth glanced over his shoulder, "Remember that thing I told you about in Australia?"
"The ring?"
"Yes."
"Doesn't matter, it's not gonna keep her here."
"You are going to give up like that?"
"She knows about the ring. She doesn't care. She doesn't want me."
"You really need to talk to her. You really need to understand her."
"I thought I did." Chris looked back at him when he saw Charlie walking out of the ER doors.
"Isn't that Charlie Blackwood?"
Hemsworth followed Chris's glaze, "Yea, that would be him."
"What is he doing here?"
"I am not the best one to explain that. But really, you need to talk to Brooklyn."
"I am, we are tonight."
"Better make it sooner rather than later."
Chris glared back at Hemsworth as he saw Elsa storming out of the hospital.
"Talk to her." Hemsworth snorted back at Chris as he went in the same direction as Elsa.
Chris finished his cigarette before heading back through the doors.
He stopped when he saw Sebastian sitting off to the side, "Thought you got kicked out?"
"Yea, I was." Sebastian kept his head back against the wall.
Chris sat down next to him, "I am gonna lose her."
"Face the music Evans. You never had her."
"What?"
Sebastian finally looked over at Chris, "Brooklyn. You never had her. You had a good night. You had a dream. You watched someone crumble into nothing. You never had a life with her. You had a dream."
Chris narrowed his eyes back at his friend, "Where is your support in this?"
"You don't have my support. You don't have my blessing for it. Brooklyn has too much darkness around her. I am sorry but I can't."
Chris remained in the chair when Sebastian got up.
He fixed his hair that he soon tucked under a ball hat, "I thought I knew Harlow. But god, I don't even know her. You just really need to question everything man. Don't just do this because it felt right two weeks ago."
Chris closed his eyes as his head fell between his legs.

--

The moon was high above me as I paced back and forth on the roof of the hospital.
It had been over 4 hours since I last saw Chris.
Since I last told him that I needed some time. That I just needed to think about it all.
I looked out over the town as the lights dotted all over the place.
"You ready for this or do we just say what hasn't been said?"
I turned around as Chris came around the corner of the building from the door.
His eyes were darker than earlier.
It was like they were lost.
His love.
His brightness.
It was all gone.
I stepped toward him when I stopped.
"You can't even get the courage to speak to me!"
His voice cracked sending waves over my body.
He hasn't talked to me like that.
He has never raised his voice to me.
Chris smiled back at me, "You are fucking worthless Brooklyn. God, I run after you to the other side of the fucking world and you just stand there. You stand there and treat me like this?"
I crossed my arms.
He had something to say.
"You play me? Make me think that this is something real?"
I looked up into his soulless eyes.
"I just can't believe this has been my life over the past year. You walked into that bar and knew exactly what you were going to do to me. You knew how far I was willing to go."
His eyes were straight on me.
They were looking straight through me.
For the first time in months.
He didn't see me.
"I can't believe you did this to me." His breathing caught catching me off guard.
"God, you are gorgeous."
His lips were on my neck.
His hands on my thighs keeping me close.
"I don't know what I would do if I had let you walk out of that bar tonight."
My eyes caught his in the darkness of the hotel room.
Big emerald seas.
Caring and loving.
Looking for the reason to fall in love.
I ran my thumb over his lips, "You were just looking for something you can't have."
"And baby you walked right to me."
"What Brooklyn? Now you have nothing to say? You have nothing to say to me?"
I shook my head back at him.
"God, you are so fucking worthless!" His hands went into the air when his foot caught sending him back toward me.
I sent my hands up catching his body before it slammed into mine.
Chris looked at me as my breathing was steady.
I was shaking.
His face changed.
The harshness he had prepared was gone.
It was like a switch.
The gentleman that I had fallen in love with was back.
"Babe?"
I stepped back from him. Trying to shake my hands to stop the nerves.
"Babe?"
"I never had it easy. I never had the life you had. You had two parents. You had a family. You had normal relationships. You had friends." I looked back at him.
"Brooklyn."
"I had the worst reality when he came back. He came back and almost killed Harlow."
"That was just a freak accident."
"He killed Luca. What makes you think that wouldn't happen again? What makes you think we are safe? What makes you think it wouldn't do that to us? He thought it was us."
"I have you. I will protect you. You don't have to worry anymore with me. You have me Brooklyn. I don't care when happened in your past. We are here right now. I love you and want you in my life."
I shook my head back at him, "I can't pretend anymore."
"What?"
"I can't act like I am not scared anymore."
"You were scared of me?"
"No." My eyes went to his. "Scared of what I would do to you."
"You can't hurt me. You can't hurt me anymore than what you have already done."
"But I shouldn't have done that from the start Chris. None of this should have happened."
"You regret that night?"
I looked back at him. I was choking on that last sentence.
Choking on my last words.
"You regret me?"
"I can't act like it was meant to be. I can't be ok with any of this."
"I will never regret that night. I will never regret us!"
I shook my head as my eyes got heavy.
"You came into my life when I needed someone strong and loving. You made my days better!" Chris reached out grabbing my hand, "You loved me for me. You made me laugh. You made me see that there is more out there."
"Exactly Chris, there is more out there." I pulled my hand from him. "There is so much more out there."
Chris stood there looking at me.
"I bought something I shouldn't have. I shouldn't have been the one to bring that to you. But it came to you and I got you hurt."
"I was never hurt by anything."
I looked away from him as my vision went blurry. "God, just let me say it."
"No, I never want you to say it Brooklyn. I never want this for us!"
"Just let me say it Chris." My throat went dry when I saw it.
He was crying.
He was crying for us.
"I never wanted this for you."
My chest went tight.
"I saw the light in your eyes Brooklyn and every day after that, I wanted that light back in my life. The day I saw you on the carpet, I thought it was perfect. It was meant for us to be back together. I wanted you back into my life. I can't do this."
"Chris, stop." I put my hand on his chest.
He was shaking.
He was shaking under my touch.
"You loved me like I was human. You treated me like no one else."
My eyes were dropped from his.
"You walked into my world and I never wanted this to become what it was."
I looked back up at him.
"You were the one night stand that became my world."
"I can't stay here."
"Brooklyn, don't leave me."
"I can't stay here. I have nothing here to stay for."
"You have me. God, Brooklyn you have me!"
"No, I don't."
"Tell me what you want, tell me what I need to do to keep you!"
"Chris, don't do this to yourself." I wiped my hand across my face.
"God Brooklyn, just say it. Just tell me. You want me to move to Australia? We can do that. You want me to give up my social media. Done. I will delete it all. You want me to stop acting. Done."
"No, Chris."
"Just say whatever you want, I will be that. I will do whatever you want!"
"FUCKING STOP!" I shouted at him to silence him.
His eyes were searching me.
Searching for the answer.
"Brooklyn, you are, and always have been, my dream. Baby, you are the only dream I don't wanna wake up from."
"I'm sorry Chris but the sun is coming up. This dream is over." I looked back at him.
"I love you. I have loved everything about you."
My heart stopped when I saw the box.
Chris just held it between us.
"I bought this two months after our first full night together. I knew who you were. I saw the person you could be. You brought me back to earth. You created something in me, I never thought would happen again. You awakened something in me. You have created nothing but happy days for me."
His eyes came up to me.
"You want this to be over. But not me, I am not ready to give up on this Brooklyn. I don't want to give up on this. I can't just walk away and know that tomorrow will be the same. Nothing will be the same about this."
I just looked at him.
The person I loved every night since that Minneapolis drunken hotel night.
The person that laughed at my horrible jokes.
The one person that always waited for me in the morning.
The one person that asked me if was ok.
The only person that cared for me.
The only person that loved me.
He was my person.
"Brooklyn, please just tell me what I need to do. What I need to change to keep you here."
"You want me to be honest with you?"
"God yes, just tell me the truth!"
"I am scared. I am scared that no matter where we are in our lives. That you will look at me and see the darkness I carry. That you will never really love me for me. You don't know what I have done. You don't know who I am."
"Then give me the chance, allow me to be that person. Let me in."
"No, I don't want you to be with me. I want you to be happy."
"I am happy WITH YOU!"
I stumbled back from his reach.
"You will never be happy with me. You will never be ok with me."
"I love you! Brooklyn, I wanna marry you!"
"You wanna marry this hope, this dream that is me."
"God, don't do this to me."
I knew it was coming.
I knew it was all coming.
"I can't do this without you."
"You will find a way to go on Chris. I know you will."
"I am who I am today because of you Brooklyn! You gave me meaning again! You gave my life a purpose again. I was excited to wake up every morning. I was ready to start this next chapter with you. Babe, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."
"I am sorry Chris."
"Brooklyn, just give me another chance. Stay the night. It has been a long day. Just don't do this on this reaction. Please just think it over!"
"I have thought it over. I have to go. I have to go see what is out there for me."
"Let me come with you! Screw them! I can figure out work later. But please don't go."
Chris stepped back when he heard the helicopter.
He placed his arm up to shield himself from the air draft.
"It doesn't matter anymore Chris." I said as my hair whipped around my face.
"Brooklyn! Back up!" Chris stepped toward me but the air was too strong pushing him back.
"I saw the way you looked at me when I stood over Theo with his blood covering me. You judged me Chris. You didn't come to my comfort. You saw me at my lowest. And if you can't take me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best."
"No Brooklyn, no..."
I walked toward the helicopter as the side door opened.
Charlie emerged reaching out for me, "You ready?"
"Brooklyn, NO!" Chris shouted out to me.
I took Charlie's arm as he pulled me into the helicopter.
Chris ran for the helicopter. "No, you don't get to do this! You can't just walk away!"
Charlie glanced back at me.
"Close it." I said looking away from Chris.
Looking away from it.
Chris slammed into the door, pounding on the door. "Open the fucking door! You don't get to walk away from this!"
"Orders?" the pilot said over the headset.
"Get us in the air." I said back to him.
Charlie nodded his head as he twirled his finger to signal for a liftoff.
The helicopter went sideways.
"We got something on our left!" the pilot shouted back.
I looked out as Chris was hanging on the side.
I grabbed the door pulling it back open.
He looked back at me, "I'm not losing you again."
"You never had me." I sent my foot down on his hands.
Chris cried out in pain.
I sent my foot down again when his hand caught my ankle.
"Wherever you go, whatever you do. I will come for you. I will never stop loving you."
I grabbed the handle as I sent my other foot down kicking him in the face.
His body dropped from the helicopter hitting the helipad.
I pulled myself back into the helicopter as it leveled out.
Charlie looked back at me.
"Get us home, we have work to do."