eight

Leilani Morales ambled downstairs on sore legs, clutching her head in one hand and the railing in the other

Leilani Morales ambled downstairs on sore legs, clutching her head in one hand and the railing in the other. She groaned at the bottom of the stairs, taking a moment to orient herself before shuffling through the den, past Michael who waved at her lazily with pancakes shoved in his mouth and a phone to his ear, and into the kitchen. Mali stood in front of the stove pouring batter in a frying pan, a pair of running shorts that Leilani borrowed on multiple occasions and a large shirt adorning her figure. She turned briefly at the sound of approaching footsteps, making eye contact with the brunette who offered a bashful smile.

"Look who it is," Mali drawled, scraping another pancake from the frying pan to flip it. "Did you have fun taking up my entire bed?"

"I was tired, okay? I'm sorry I pushed you off," Leilani whined, sitting down next to Ashton on the island. He offered her a bite of his pancake drenched in gooey maple syrup, and she happily took the sweet treat in her mouth. "Yum, Mal, these are ten out of ten pancakes. You're like a professional chef."

"Yeah, well maybe I'd be more inclined to make you some if I didn't have a bruise from where my head hit the nightstand," Mali retorted with a slight poke of her tongue at her best friend.

"Did you fall out of bed too?" Ashton asked abruptly and Leilani suddenly felt a slight pain in her bicep. She looked down to see a series of small bruises on the skin and encountered a flash of heat when she realized they resembled Calum's fingerprints. The exact moment he inflicted them she couldn't pinpoint, but there were about three other identical marks on various parts of her body that she saw this morning whilst getting dressed.

She forced out an awkward laugh. "Uh, maybe. I was pretty drunk last night. Who knows where that came from?" To hide her blush, she hurriedly went to the medicine cabinet to retrieve two tablets of ibuprofen for her hangover, swallowing them with a sip of Ashton's orange juice.

"Probably from me when I beat the shit out of her after she pushed me," Mali commented as Luke entered from the deck, cell phone in his hand. "Hey, want some pancakes Lukey?"

"Oh, you bitch!" Leilani exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. "What do I have to do around here to get some pancakes? Suck your dick?"

"Whoa," Ashton snorted with a grin.

"Maybe!" Mali declared, slamming an evenly cooked pancake down on a plate. She turned to glare at her friend who only gazed right back at her with narrow eyes. Luke and Ashton glanced between the girls, anticipating some sort of argument, when suddenly they burst into laughter, leaving the two males confused.

"Is there going to be a girl fight or not?" Luke inquired as he reached for the plate that Mali held, only to watch it go past him and sit in front of Leilani. "Okay, guess not."

Leilani grinned and poured a heap of syrup on top of her pancake. "No, Mali's finally gone and swallowed her pride about me accidentally pushing her off the bed."