forty-four

Hi loves, I know I shouldn't have to say this but please remember although this is a calum fic, all these characters are fictional, as in I am not basing this off of what I perceive of them in real life. Truthfully, this is all for plot and I love tea. I also love Calum, and Dua Lipa, and am not trying to insinuate that any of my characters are exactly how their celebrity face claim is in real life.
Anyway, hope you enjoy! Thank you so much for all the votes and comments I've been getting! It means a lot!
~ Koda

"You okay, Lan? You look kind of pale," Mali commented as the two lounged on the couch, feet propped up on the coffee table

"You okay, Lan? You look kind of pale," Mali commented as the two lounged on the couch, feet propped up on the coffee table. They had decided on a whim to start watching the series Gossip Girl about three hours ago when Calum left to have lunch with his band mates, and at least twice an episode Mali would glance over to check on the ghostly girl. Each time she came away with a grimace at the sight. "I really think you're sick or something."

"I'm fine. I've been feeling like this for the past couple of weeks. I think it's just anxiety," Leilani Morales responded, waving her best friend off. "Although I do have a headache. I think I'm going to go get some medicine."

Mali paused the program and followed the brunette into the bathroom. "I just don't get why you would have anxiety. You've never had much of a problem with it before."

Leilani grabbed the bottle of ibuprofen and popped the cap. "Well, I've just been worried about meeting your parents. I guess I shouldn't have been, though. Joy loves me. David loves me. It was almost too easy," she joked, downing the pills with a sip of water from the tap. Almost instantly a wave of nausea hit her, and she stumbled over to the toilet, retching the contents of her stomach into the bowl. Mali gasped and surged forward, holding back Leilani's hair.

"It's okay, lovey. It's okay. Let it out, alright? It's okay," Mali murmured in her ear, trying to maintain her composure as her best friend continued to vomit. A minute or so passed before Leilani finally fell back into her knees, face dripping with perspiration. She used the back of her hand to wipe her mouth, Mali rushing to wet a wash cloth all the while. "Here, put this to your forehead."

"I must have the flu or something," Leilani breathed out with a soft whimper. "Shit, I hope I didn't give it to your family."

Mali shifted uncomfortably. "I don't think you have the flu, Lan."

Leilani's brows rose, tear-filled eyes rising to look at the blonde. "What do you mean?"

"I think you might be pregnant." The words knocked the breath out of Leilani and made her feel so nervous that she dry-heaved over the toilet bowl. It took her a moment to regain her composure afterward and by then Mali started talking again. "Think about it. It's not flu season, and you said you've been feeling off for the past couple of weeks. What are the odds that this sickness coincides with you telling me you needed a Plan B a month ago?"

If possible, Leilani blanched even further. She ran a hand through her hair and shook her head. "No way. Plan B's are supposed to work. I can't be pregnant."