eighteen

"Hey, Lan, we're gonna head out," Michael said as he wrapped his arm around a tired Crystal

"Hey, Lan, we're gonna head out," Michael said as he wrapped his arm around a tired Crystal. It was around midnight, and after the bowling game ended with Michael's team taking a loss, they'd all split up to either continue bowling, watch TV, or in Leilani Morales' case, play pool. She held the cue in her hands, twirling it around aimlessly while Calum took his turn.

Her lips formed a pout. "Aw, no, already?"

"Yeah, we're pretty tired," Crystal explained and managed a tight smile. "Thanks for inviting us, though."

"No, thank you for coming! I hope you guys had a good time even though you both were on Michael's losing team," Leilani teased, giving them both hugs. "Also it was so great to meet you, Crystal. We have to hang out again without the boys."

Michael rolled his eyes but Crystal nodded. "Yes, definitely. Also, next time we bowl it's girls versus boys. I can't have my boyfriend dragging me down again," she joked earning an immediate protest from the platinum blond boy beside her. "Come on, babe. Your ego got the best of you."

Michael grumbled, though he didn't respond. They said goodbye a final time before the couple left.

Leilani returned to the game with Calum. He was winning with only three more stripes to knock in prior to the eight ball. On the other hand, she still had six solids left. Pool was not her forte clearly, considering she barely knew how to use the cue.

Calum laughed when she hit the one of her solids only for it to jump up from the table and land a centimeter from where it started. "You suck at this."

"Just because I have a pool table doesn't mean I know how to use it!" Leilani defended, pouting. "I got it for my brother. He likes to come down here and throw the balls around."

"You have a brother?" Calum asked, surprised.

"Yeah he's twelve. His name is Gjin. I also have a sister who's seventeen named Rina. The more you know," Leilani teased, poking him with the end of her pool cue. "You gonna take your turn, hotshot?"

"Excuse me for giving you my full attention when you talk about your life," Calum retorted and leaned over the table, aiming for the green stripe. It went in easily, much to her dismay, and he prepared for another shot. "You know I could help you with your technique."

"Oh please, you just want an excuse to bend me over this table," Leilani said, running her hand through her hair. Calum's arm jerked at her words and the red striped ball rolled to a stop after an inch in the wrong direction.

"I was actually going to help you, but now I can't get the image of fucking you over this table from my head."

"Cal, do you not remember me telling you my brother plays on this table?" She wondered and raised her brows.

"Fine, fine, not this table then," he relented with a pensive expression. "Kitchen table?"

"Nope, people eat there."