thirty-six

Leilani Morales adjusted her hat atop her red wig in an attempt to make it look more natural

Leilani Morales adjusted her hat atop her red wig in an attempt to make it look more natural. She smiled at herself in the mirror, pursing her lips a final time before exiting the bathroom. Calum sat on the edge of her bed scrolling through his phone but he looked up immediately at the sound of her entering the room. His eyes widened a fraction, it being the first time he'd seen her with the whole ensemble on. She gestured to the length of her body and did a quick, dramatic spin. "What do you think?"

Calum's mouth opened and closed a few times before he eventually sputtered a reply. "I think that I am incredibly lucky. Wow." He stood up from the mattress and took a few hesitant steps forward, running a hand over his eyes for good measure. The idea of an incognito day out in the city wasn't exactly his idea but he surely looked appreciative of it now as his eyes repeatedly ran over the length of his girlfriend's body. She wore a white dress made of a silky material that was decorated in a parallel pattern of skinny stripes and had the deepest neckline he'd ever seen. It was the kind of outfit a dad would prefer to never see his daughter in, and in his experience, a boyfriend would prefer no other man to ever see his girlfriend in.

A smile stretched its way onto her face and Leilani brushed her fingers along the outside of the soft wig. "You think people will recognize me?"

"No, but they'll definitely be looking. Damn, baby," Calum replied, letting out a low whistle. He reached out and placed a hand on her waist, his eyes sparing one too many glances to her nearly exposed chest. "I know you want to go out and have a normal day, but I can't stop thinking about how much I want to stay in and have my way with you."

"Easy there, tiger. One, you know I'm on my period. Two, we're still going out no matter what. I have a few things I want us to do including a cute picnic at the park," Leilani explained and placed her hand on his chest, pressing a brief kiss to his lips before retrieving her phone from its place on the nightstand. She unhooked it from the charger, checked that it had enough juice to last the next few hours, and slid the device into the convenient pocket of her dress. The sandals picked out through the help of "the bitches" groupchat sat on the floor next to her bed, and she promptly slid them onto her feet.

Calum watched her with a smile. "Did you pack for a picnic in the park?" He slipped his hand into hers as he spoke, squeezing instinctively.

"Um, my mum may or may not have packed us sandwiches and fruit," Leilani admitted, a pinkish tint crawling up her neck and flooding her cheeks. "Which I did not ask her to do by the way."

"Your mum packed us food before her own flight?" Calum inquired and received a brief nod in response. "I love your mum."

Leilani giggled and pulled him toward the door. "She loves you too. She likes to remind me what an upgrade you are as if I don't already know." Calum smiled and pressed a sloppy kiss to her cheek as they approached the stairs. She blushed, nearly tripping down the first step due to the distraction. "Should we take an Uber or should I drive?"