thirty-three

PRIVATE CONVERSATIONLeilani [Lele]Calum [CalPal💗]

Leilani [Lele]
Calum [CalPal💗]

Lele
where tf are u guys

CalPal💗
hi miss u too babe 😭😍

Lele
fine
i miss u
now where are u guys

CalPal💗
almost there
give us five
don't stress 😘

Lele
🤬

Leilani Morales slid her phone into her pocket and headed out into the spacious den where Luke and Ashton's surprise party would take place. She took one look at the guests mingling around and cupped her hands around her mouth. "Five minutes, everyone!" She shouted, and like the flick of a switch, people began to shuffle into suitable spots next to each other. As soon as they stopped moving, she turned off the lights and used the bright screen of her phone to navigate beside Eliza before tucking it away again. Eliza grabbed her hand and squeezed reassuringly until the sound of the front door opening reached their ears. A barely audible murmur rippled through the crowd, only to dissipate into silence once again.

"Damn, you've got a key already. That's a big deal, mate," Ashton's voice rang out first, increasing in volume as he approached. Leilani pictured the four of them shuffling side by side, Calum slightly ahead of the pack. She imagined his fingers reaching the light switch on the wall, and as if on cue, the chandelier illuminated the silhouettes of her boyfriend, Ashton, Luke, and Michael.

"Surprise!" The guests cheered, Leilani joining in. Shock registered on both Luke and Ashton's faces as they took in the width of the room. This was the exact reaction that made Leilani so eager to do things for other people. The pair seemed genuinely touched that someone would do this for them.

"Holy shit," Luke cursed, running a hand through his curly hair while a smile lit up his features. "What's all this?"

"This—" Michael gestured to the party. "—is what happens when Leilani has an idea and ropes people into it. Happy middle birthday to you two."

Ashton's eyes landed on Leilani first. "Aw, Lan, you shouldn't have."

"It was no big deal. Happy birthday guys," Leilani chirped and approached the boys, hugging Ash tightly first before moving onto Luke who squeezed the life out of her.

"Thank you so much," Luke murmured into her ear, his breath disrupting a few hairs on the side of her head. Then, louder, he added, "Thank you all for coming. Let's get smashed, yeah?"

A collective cheer rang out amongst the guests. Ashton and Luke immersed themselves amongst their friends immediately. Michael found Crystal at the front of the crowd and kissed her. Meanwhile, Calum approached his girlfriend and pulled her into his chest. "Hi, baby. You feeling calmer now?"