2 | SHOUT AT THE DEVIL

A/N: the title is a Motley Crue song, y'all should listen to it

     Many months ago now, Sam, Dean, and I, were trying to find Amara, when she was still young. She was with Crowley, held up in this asylum looking place. I remember Sam and I putting cuffs on demons– he didn't want to kill them. I remember he fell to the ground clutching his head because he was having a vision of the Cage, which he told me about later.

    That all seems like such a long time ago. Now I'm back in that place, with Crowley and Rowena. Turns out the red-haired witch is the help Crowley was talking about. I'm reluctant about it, though, because I remember the last time I saw her, she betrayed us for Lucifer. What's to say she won't do that this time, too?

    "What's the bloody hold-up?" Crowley asks his mother impatiently. She's holding her hands around a crystal ball, chanting something and trying to get a location on Lucifer. I'm watching her every move. "He's the one and only Satan in the phone book."

     "It's witchcraft, not Google Maps," Rowena pipes back. I purse my lips together. "And normally I'd have a piece of hair or a belonging to lock on to. You don't even know what he looks like!"

    "He has an aura," Crowley says. "Supreme evil. Lock on to that. Do I have to do everything?"

    "Alright," I say firmly in a tone that suggests that they stop their bickering and find Lucifer.

    "I can't believe I'm once again down some dank hole seeking the devil!" Rowena exclaims, ignoring me. "When does it end? It's exactly why I'm retiring to Boca Raton. With Ben."

    I don't ask who Ben is because I don't care. "Ben?" Crowley asks in disbelief. "Who makes oatmeal look fascinating?"

    "He's successful, stable, and I'll outlive him," Rowena says. A part of me wonders if Crowley voices his hate for this guy his mother is seeing because maybe he's a little protective of her, despite what he says.

    My shoulders go straight as a sort of crackling starts to happen in the crystal ball. I take a step forward. "Lucifer," I say.

    "I think so," Rowena says. "Yes, I'll give you the location."

    "No, no, no," Crowley says. "Not right now. I just want to know who we're dealing with before we attack." I don't argue with him, because it's not a bad idea.

    "By 'we', I presume you mean the Winchesters and their pet angel? And her?" Rowena looks at me in what looks like disgust. It doesn't bother me, I've had worse.

    "I don't need them," Crowley tells his mother. "Just you." Rowena raises her eyebrows a little. Crowley sighs. "And her," he gestures back to me. I hide back the urge to smile.

    "Oh, don't be so smug," Rowena tells me, catching my look. "He's just using you for your power." I shrug indifferently.

    "So? We both want Lucifer dead," I say. She doesn't say anything else to me.

    "Look, it's obvious," Crowley says. "We got to put Lucifer back in the Cage. You're the only one who can do it."

    Rowena suddenly grabs the crystal ball from the table and sighs in disappointment. "Should've known. No, Fergus!" She raises her voice suddenly. "I'll not be involved in that nonsense again!" I huff in frustration as the red head turns and begins walking away.

    "Maybe I should tell Ben about you," Crowley says, stopping his mother. "Maybe just kill him. Either way, it's bye-bye, Boca." Rowena turns back to him with a look of hate on her face.