5 | PHONE CALL

"Look, I have been around all stripes of Vince, all right? Drunk Vince, depressed Vince, megalomaniacal "I'm a Golden God" Vince. The Vince who threw me through that door... that wasn't him. And it wasn't just his eyes, man. I- I mean, the strength. He was like- he was like an MMA fighter. Hell, he was like twenty."

    I frown at the man in front of us, Tommy, his name is. He's in a band with Vince Vincente, or he was before Vince got possessed by Satan. He's telling us a little of what happened.

    "If you hear from him, don't hesitate to call," Castiel says beside me, handing Tommy a card.

    "Okay, Agent... Beyoncé?" Tommy reads in disbelief, looking up at Cas incredulously. Cas nods his head at him. I roll my eyes as we stand up and I pull Cas away from him before he can ask anymore questions.

    "Really, Beyoncé?" I ask. "You could pick a famous guy instead." Cas doesn't say anything, only frowns.

    Cas and I met up a few days ago. He dropped me back off at my motel room and left, but now we're both in Cleveland on this Lucifer thing. I got here first and then he did a day later, and we decided to just work together. I definitely don't mind working with Cas. I feel like I don't have to worry about saying the wrong thing to him.

    "I guess that makes me Agent Jay Z."

    I groan as we pass by the bar and spot a familiar face. Crowley is sitting there sipping a drink. I'm really getting sick of this guy. So is Cas, apparently, judging by the less than happy look on his face.

    •••

    "You... one of these days I'm going to kill you, and it's going to be great," I say casually as the three of us walk back to Cas's truck. Though, I don't know why Crowley's still following us, I'm not going anywhere with that dickhead.

    "Save your breath, dear," Crowley tells me. I narrow my eyes but don't say anything. He turns to Cas. "Bumping into each other, working the same leads. What are the odds, Cassie? Fate brought us together." I scoff as I go to my bike which is parked right next to Cas's ford truck.

    I zip my jacket up and grab the helmet as I listen to Cas and Crowley bicker. "I'm not interested."

    "No ones interested!" I say loudly.

    "Why not? We made a somewhat effective team against Amara," Crowley is saying to Cas. "It's been months, I mean, months since we last tried to kill each other–"

    "And I'll be trying again very, very soon," I say. I really wish this guy would just go away. I mean he's okay, but he's a sucky partner compared to Cas. Though a little naive about some things, Cas is a lot nicer than Crowley and he's not always telling me how he would like to kill me.

    "We all got very, very good reasons to want Lucifer dead," Crowley points out. "Besides, while you two were gabbing with Vince's second fiddle, I was ransacking his room. Found these. Postcards from his beloved sister Wendy. Oh lookie here. An address and everything. Worth a look."

    I scowl as Crowley throws the cards on the truck seat. Cas picks one up and examines it.

    "What's the address?" I ask. Crowley smirks.

•••

    I reach Wendy's house first, with Cas following shortly behind me. Crowley is riding with him, which I don't understand because the demon could just teleport. I guess he likes annoying Cas that much.

    "You're slow," I say as I get my helmet off, as Cas and Crowley are getting out of the truck.

    "You look bloody ridiculous on that thing," Crowley tells me. I glare at him.