16 | RIGHT VS WRONG

"You sure you don't need my help?" I ask Sam as the boys are walking out the door

     "You sure you don't need my help?" I ask Sam as the boys are walking out the door. "I mean, I can hang out with my brother later if..."

    "No, no, we'll be fine," Sam shrugs me off. "We're just going to meet with an old angel friend of Cas', try and figure out what's going on."

     "An angel friend?" I raise my eyebrows, knowing how dangerous angels can be. "Be careful."

     "Yeah–"

    "Come on, Sam," Dean calls firmly from outside. I hear the car door slam and the Impala's engine turn on. Sam shrugs at me with a little smile before walking away.

    I shut the door and turn to face my brother, Mitch, and his sixteen year old daughter, Becky. "So, those guys are hunters, too?" Yes, these two know I am a hunter. However, Mitch has a wife and three other kids who don't have any idea about my hunting life.

    "Yeah," I say. "I've been on the road with them for a while."

    "Oh, I see," my brother taunts me, wiggling his eyebrows a little. I roll my eyes as I shrug off my flannel, fold it up and set it on the bed. "I... may have a little thing going with the taller one. Sam."

     "Whoa, way to go, butch!" Becky grins at me as she flops down on my bed and folds her arms behind her head. She calls me butch because I tend to act like a guy sometimes.

    "You're kidding, right? The guy with the hair?" Mitch asks, gesturing to his own short dirty blonde hair.

    I laugh and roll my eyes. "They all have hair, dude." He laughs with me. "How did you find me, anyway? We haven't talked in weeks."

    "Becky showed me how to track your phone," he tells me. I turn and glare at my niece. She shrugs, unapologetic.

    "He was worrying himself into hysteria," the blonde haired teenager says. "Besides, it's your own fault. Where the hell have you been? We haven't seen you in a long time."

    "Hey, watch your mouth," Mitch scolds his daughter. She purses her lips but doesn't say anything else. "But, she's right. I was worried. What else am I supposed to assume after not hearing from you in so long? I thought some monster killed you. How would I have known?"

    "Okay, okay, I'm sorry," I say, genuinely feeling bad. I've been meaning to go out and visit them but cases come up, plus that month and a half we spent in that prison. "I– I'm sorry. I've been busy." I don't know what to tell him. He knows about monsters in general, but not archangels, the devil, or Chuck. I don't want to overwhelm him. He already knowns enough.

    "Yeah, you're on the road with three pretty good looking dudes. I bet you've been busy," Becky chuckles. I make a face at her. I'm not like that; she knows I'm not like that.

    "So, what's going on here? Is there something in this town?" Mitch asks, his tone serious now.

    "Yes, but we don't know what," I say. "The guys were going to talk to somebody who might know a little more about it."