26 | LEVEL OF CONCERN

"So Hellhounds are invisible to humans unless you've sold your soul and they're after you," Dean says, rifling through the trunk of the impala.

"Or, you're wearing a pair of these, which are glasses treated with holy fire," Sam says.

"All right me, Bailey, and Crowley are gonna hit the woods," Dean says. "See if we can't track down Cujo. You stick with Sam, he'll keep you safe." Dean says to Gwen.

"Okay," she gets in the car.

"Take care of her," Dean says to Sam.

"Of course," Sam says. Dean just looks at him. "Dean, look, even if Ramsey circles back, as long as we keep moving, Gwen's gonna be just..." Sam sighs. "You're talking about the car."

"You tend to ride the brakes," Dean says.

"Dean, I know how to drive," Sam argues.

"I'm just saying. Just imagine she's a beautiful woman," Dean says.

"Oh come on," Sam says. "Get out of here."

"A beautiful, beautiful woman," Dean says.

"I'm done," Sam says.

I smile a little at their attitudes.

It's dark shortly after that. I trail shortly behind Dean and Crowley. Dean is the only one wearing glasses. Crowley is a demon, and I can see Hellhounds anyway. Dean asked me about this; he asked why I didn't see the one back at Gwen's place. It's hard to explain, but I kind of have to 'turn it on'.

Now I have, and it's like wearing night vision goggles, except everything is blue instead of green.

"Fancy," Crowley says to Dean. "Really brings out your eyes." I agree, but I'm not about to admit that. I think they make Dean look like Clark Kent. Eh, I never liked Superman. I went gaga for the joker, though. Just because Jack Nicholson played him.

"Shut up," Dean says.

"Shut up," Crowley repeats, mocking Dean's tone.

"I mean it, Crowley," Dean threatens.

"I mean it, Crowley," the king of hell continues to mock.

"Go to hell," Dean says.

"Go to hell."

I roll my eyes.

"Really, Dean, all these years, you're so predictable," Crowley tells him.

"Yeah, well, guess we've all changed," Dean says. "I got predictable, you got soft. I mean, a few years ago, who would've thought you'd be helping us save the girl of the week?"

"I don't care about her," Crowley says.

"Yeah, well, maybe we rubbed off on you," Dean says.

"Don't flatter yourself," Crowley says.

"You saved Cas," Dean points out.

"Just to spare myself the Winchester man pain," Crowley says. "You lot moping about like a bunch of schoolgirls."

"Well, I just wanna say "thank you"," Dean says.

"Or, a few years ago, who would've thought you'd be working with the king of Hell?" Crowley asks. "Maybe you rubbed off on me, maybe I've rubbed off all over you." He chuckles.

Dean shudders. I laugh at them.

•••

"Hunting we will go, hunting we will go..." Crowley is singing when Dean shushes him.