8 | DYING IN L.A.

I roll over in bed, the blanket getting tangled up around my feet as I hear Cas saying my name from the other side of the door. I only groan and bury my face in the pillow. I hear the muffled sound of the door opening across the room.

"Are you ill?" I hear Cas ask, concerned. I sigh and turn in bed to face him.

"Yeah," i say quietly. I'm not really sick, but I don't feel good either. "What's going on, Cas?" I ask, adjusting myself on the bed to get more comfortable.

"Um... we think Lucifer is in Los Angeles. California," he explains. I roll my eyes. "I'm going there now. Are you joining me?"

I don't say anything for a moment as I throw my arm over my face to hide it. "Bailey?" He asks again, sounding concerned for me.

"Yeah, I'll bring the bike," I mutter. "I'll be right behind you."

"All right," Cas says. "Is this sickness something I could fix for you?" He offers.

"No," I reject immediately. He nods understanding as he retreats away from the room and closes the door.

  It's another hour before I have showered and ate and found a clean change of clothes. I've not left this bed in a few days. When I got back from Asa Fox's wake, and after the stupid way I left things with Sam, I just went to bed and didn't feel like getting up. I didn't care about Cas or Crowley or Sam or Dean, or even Lucifer. Though, as I recall, Rowena sent him to the bottom of the ocean.

However, this is Lucifer we're talking about. I wouldn't put anything past him.

When I arrive to L.A., I park my bike in front of the Death Siren Recording Studio, where Vince Vincente (Lucifer) most likely is right now. In the news I read that Vince and his band Ladyheart are recording a new album at this studio. So Lucifer's a musician now? What the hell?

"Excuse me? You can't go in–" the woman receptionist begins to say, trying to stop me from going inside the building any further.

I lift my hand and fire a little burst of blue energy at her which knocks her backwards and unconscious. I raise my eyebrows, shrugging. Yeah, I've been practicing with that a little.

I go further inside the building until I reach one nice room in particular. It has a big leather couch and a white carpet, align with a few instruments hanging around the walls. There's no one inside.

I freeze when I hear voices down the hallway. I step further inside the room, looking for a place to hide. I open the door all the way and hide behind it after recognizing one of the voices as Vince Vincente. My blood boils. It has to be Lucifer.

I hear another voice, a woman's. I make a face as I hear their footsteps coming closer, and lucky me, they come right inside this room.

I push the door close, announcing my presence. The both of them turn and look at me, the woman with short blonde hair exclaiming in surprise.

"Uh, who are you?" The woman asks. She must be a friend of Vince's. The real Vince anyway.

"I'm a friend of... Vince's," I say, sending a glare to Lucifer. "Will you give us a minute, please?" I ask her as nice as possible. She opens her mouth and closes it right back up, looking back and forth between Lucifer and I. Then she nods quickly and smiles at me.

"Sure, I'll just wait," she says, moving past me, and leaving the room. I look back to Lucifer, holding my head up high.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask immediately. He furrows his eyebrows at me, like he's confused about the question. I want to punch that look off his face.