27 | TRUTH HURTS

I stand with my arms crossed, looking sideways at the screens in the British Men of Letters' base

I stand with my arms crossed, looking sideways at the screens in the British Men of Letters' base. The Winchesters and I were called here. I still hate it, that we're working with them, but I'm trying to give it a chance. For Sam.

"All right, that's it," Dean decides impatiently, after checking his watch. "I'm waiting in the car."

"Dude, wait a second," Sam gets up from the seat he found at the table.

"No, you know what?" Dean starts. "Getting jobs from these dicks is one thing, but I didn't sign up for this "reporting for duty" crap. Especially when they're late."

"Sorry I'm late." Behind Dean, Mick Davies walks inside the door. "My report to the home office ran long. We've had our hands full since..." he pauses, looking down at the blood stain on the floor. "Well, best not to dwell on that."

"Well, that is some world class repression," Dean says. "You are British."

"We prefer to call it stiff upper lip," Mick says. I actually smile at this. I know I shouldn't. I'm supposed to hate him. In a way, he's different than Ketch. I have a hate for Ketch in every bone in my body. But this guy seems harmless.

"Okay, okay, enough," Sam says, trying to keep them from fighting. "Mick, what's the deal with the Bat-signal?"

Mick places the folder in his hands down on the table. "There was an incident in Wisconsin. "Animal attack." A girl named Hayden Foster is in the hospital, and her brother lost his heart. Looks like a werewolf."

"Well, they don't usually leave behind survivors," Sam says.

"Freak probably got spooked before he could finish the job," Dean says.

"Perhaps," Mick says. "But it usually takes more than a fright to put your average werewolf off his supper."

"Oh, you'd know that, would you?" Dean asks.