3 | ANGEL IN DISTRESS

A/N: I switch the point of view a couple times in this chapter, just a little warning

I actually cover my mouth with my hand after I punch him. I didn't mean to, I mean, I did, but it was just instinct. Last time I saw him, he was possessed by Lucifer.

"Castiel!" I exclaim, half mad at myself for punching him, and half mad at him for showing up at my motel room last minute, without even warning me first. I debate whether or not to yell at him for surprising me or apologize. For the first time in a long time, I take the high road. "I'm sorry!" I say, making sure he's okay. He stumbled back a bit when I punched him. "Last I saw you, you were the devil."

"Oh," Castiel says, wiping the little bit of blood at the edge of his lip. He doesn't seem mad, so I guess that's good. "I should have called ahead of time. I'm sorry."

"I guess we're even then," I say, smiling a little. "What do you need?" I ask him, surprising myself a little. I'm usually never in a mood to help people, especially after 'helping' Crowley and Rowena with Lucifer. Something about this angel just attracts my attention.

No, I'm not attracted to him like that.

"Um..." he begins, then peeks his head in the room a little bit, like he's making sure there's no one else in here.

"Okay, just come inside," I say, laughing a little at his awkwardness and gesturing for him to come in. I open the door wider and move out of his way and then close the door behind him.

"I, uh, I need your help," he says, surprising me a little. I'm not opposed to helping him, it's just that we hardly know each other, why would he ask me for help?

"Can't you just ask Sam or something?" I ask, crossing my arms. I'm not sure about what happened to Dean, so I don't mention his name.

Cas pauses a moment, glancing at the wall before looking back to me with a serious expression on his face. "That's actually what I need help with."

My face falls and my hands drop to my sides. I take a little step towards him, feeling panic rise in me. "Cas, what happened to Sam?"

•••

Less than fifteen minutes later, Cas and I are in his Ford truck driving down the road to Aldrich, Missouri. Luckily I was already in Missouri so the ride shouldn't be too long.

"And you didn't recognize the girl?" I ask the angel in the driver's seat. I guess Cas and Sam had returned to the bunker, and there was this blonde haired woman standing in wait for them. She had an angel banishing symbol on the wall, so she easily got rid of Cas. By the time he got back to the bunker, they were both gone, and there was blood on the floor.

"She spoke with an English accent," Castiel informs me, letting me know that the answer to my question is no. "And, no, I didn't recognize her," he adds.

"Okay," I say, sighing. "Why did you come to me? What makes you think I can help you find him?"

"Chuck said that your soul is tinted," Cas tells me. My face drops again, my jaw clenching. "Tinted souls form deep connections with the ones they love. It could help." I actually roll my eyes at this.

"Chuck didn't say anything about that," I say, making a face.

"Well, it's true," Cas tells me. "And from what Dean has told me–"