17 | LILY SUNDER

Lily Sunder is staying in a motel in town. We find her place easily, by tracking the license plate number that Sam remembered. I figured on saying something like 'Killing the angels won't bring your family back', but it sounds a little insensitive. I haven't lost any family to monsters, so I guess I cannot sympathize as well as I could. But it seems right, what I'm thinking to say.

    I tap my fingers on my thigh on the ride there. I can't stop thinking about the nephilim that will come into this world in just a matter of a few months. Kelly Kline's child. I don't believe the child will turn out evil just because Lucifer is that way. I believe if he or she is surrounded by good people, he or she could turn out to be a wonderful person, and he or she could use his powers for good.

    "Here we are," Dean puts the car in park in front of the motel. I get out, keeping my gun in my waistband. Obviously, I'm not going to shoot Lily Sunder, but you never know when you'll run into a monster. Better safe than sorry.

    As I get out the impala, Sam smiles a little at me. I smile back as we start walking towards the motel. He's so cute.

    Dean finds out from the lady at the front desk where Lily is staying. He flirts and smiles a little at Jen, the name of the woman behind the desk, and she giggles and gives us the room number. I suppose flirting with her is a better method than threatening her.

    "God, have you no shame?" I ask Dean as the three of us walk down the hall.

    "We needed to get the room number somehow," he shrugs.

    I laugh a little. "Okay." I feel a little iffy about leaving Cas with an unfamiliar angel, and consider calling him to make sure, but Cas is a tough guy; he can take care of himself if things go sideways. I hope.

    We step out of the elevator. "So what's the plan?" I ask.

    "Well, we knock on her door, ask her nicely not to kill any more angels," Dean says.

    "And if she says no?" Sam asks.

    "Then we burn that bridge when we come to it," Dean concludes. I huff silently, knowing that this would be just the case. As we turn right at the end of the hall, Lily Sunder is coming from the other end. She pulls her angel blade upon seeing us, surprised, but does not come at us. We all raise our hands as if to show we aren't threats.

    "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Sam and Dean both say. "Give us a second," the older Winchester says.

    "How did you find me?" The redhead with the eyepatch demands. She's holding an angel blade in each hand now.

    "We're here to talk, that's it," Sam tries, avoiding the question. "We come in peace. Just hear us out. We— heard what happened to your family."

    Lily looks surprised, more on the pissy side. "My family?" She repeats.

    "See, Cas is our family," Dean says. "So we can't let you hurt him."

    "Let me?" Lily says, like the idea is outrageous.

    "We don't want to kill you," Dean says.

    "I don't want to kill you," Lily agrees.

    "Okay, good, look, there we go," Sam says. "Agreed." However, Lily isn't lowering her blades. I feel my hand subconsciously reaching for my gun tucked away against my back, but remind myself not to just yet.

    "Listen, it's not Cas's fault that Heaven has these crazy ruled about Nephilim," Sam says. Lily looks stunned.

    "You think..."