15 | HELLO, BROTHER

"You really have no idea what Billie was talking about?" Dean asks me for the hundredth time since we got back to the bunker. I press my hands against my face and sigh.

    "No idea," I say. "Like I've been trying to tell you for the past two days."

    Dean tilts his head to the side, before turning back to the board that Cas has up. He was trying to track down Kelly Kline whilst we were away in that prison. I guess after we were arrested she got away from Cas and he still can't find her.

    "Well, it doesn't hurt to ask," Dean says.

    "Yeah, try being on this end of the conversation," I say, sipping a little at a glass of water. I few moments later Sam comes in the room, holding a cup of coffee.

    "I was looking at that earlier," he says, noticing Dean studying the bulletin board with info on Kelly. "Cas has been busy, huh?"

    "Yeah, busy not finding Kelly Kline, or her Rosemary's baby," Dean says. I sigh again. Dean isn't happy with Cas, and I don't think it has anything to do with losing Kelly Kline. He's mostly just pissed that Cas stabbed Billie in the back, effectively ending the stupid deal which Dean made in the first place. The part that is worrying Dean is what Billie said at midnight, about how if you try to break the deal, there would be consequences on a cosmic scale. Yeah, I mean, obviously this doesn't sound good, but Billie's dead now, so what can she do about it?

    "I mean, how does a chick like this just drop off the map?" Dean asks. Sam takes a seat across the table from me.

    "I think that's what he's trying to figure out," Sam says. "Hey, you hear from Mom yet?" He changes the subject.

    "Yeah, she called last night, says she's got a line on a shapeshifter in Atlanta," Dean says. "I said we could come help, she said don't bother. Apparently, she's 'got it'." Dean uses his fingers for air quotes.

    "Then she's probably got it," Sam says defensively.

    "Yeah," Dean scoffs a little.

    "Mom's good," Sam says.

    "Okay, see ya," I get up and grab my water as I head down the hall. These guys need to talk about stuff that I don't need to hear. Like their family issues.

     I run into Castiel in the kitchen. I've kind of been on his side during this whole thing. Dean's on one side, Cas and me are on the other, and Sam's in the middle playing referee.

    "Hey, Cas," I say. "Is something wrong?" I ask, noticing the way he's standing over the counter with his fingers gripping the edge. He looks tensed up.

    "Yes," Cas confirms. He removes his hands and looks at me. "I have to go."

    "Whoa, whoa," I protest as he begins leaving the room. "Where? What's going on, Cas?"

    "I heard something, on angel radio," he explains. "There was somebody calling out for help. An angel friend, Benjamin. He was begging for help, then he just stopped. I need to know if he's still alive."

    "Okay," I say after a moment. "I'm going to get my bag and meet you outside." I start back towards my room.

    "Wait, what?" Cas asks.

    "What?" I say, pausing in my steps.

    "You... don't have to come along," Cas tells me. I raise my eyebrows and shrug.

    "I know that," I say and smile a little before leaving to get my bag. I briefly wonder if Cas even wants me to come. I mean, I didn't really give him a chance to refuse. No, he shouldn't mind. Right?