9 | READY AIM FIRE

I go with Cas, even after Sam asks me nicely to join him and his brother, to which I refuse. And don't even get me started on how hard it was to refuse, especially when Sam is giving me those puppy dog eyes. Jesus.

    "Tommy," Castiel says, greeting Vince's band mate outside of Death Siren Studios. We spoke to him a few weeks ago about Vince.

    "Guys, I'll meet you inside," Tommy tells the two men standing next to him. They walk inside and leave us to talk to Tommy in private. "Agents. What are you guys doing here?"

    "Investigating Vince, same as before," Cas says. "You hear what happened to Roseleen?"

    "Yeah, that was, uh, it was awful," Tommy sympathizes. "But I mean come on, man, she cut herself, right? It wasn't like..."

    "You know there's more to it than that," I say. He does know, or at least he has a feeling, I can see it in his expression. "Where's the show tonight?"

    "Man, I don't know what the hell's going on with Vince, all right?" Tommy argues. "All the royalties on our hits dried up years ago. I got two daughters in college. I know what I told you and I know what I saw, but..."

    I look down at the ground. "And you don't care who pays the price?" Cas asks.

    "Sorry," Tommy says, shrugging before turning and going inside.

    "Well..." Cas begins, sighing in disappointment, turning to walk away, but I set a hand on his shoulder.

    "Wait here a minute," I tell him, holding a finger up before walking inside, following Tommy. "Tommy," I call out to him. He turns and looks at me down the hall and sighs in agitation.

    "Look, I just told you—"

    "I know," I say nodding. "I get it, okay? You need money. You got a family to support. But this isn't just about you okay? People's lives are in danger."

    Tommy actually scoffs. "Look–"

    I interrupt him again. "We want to help him. That's all. He's your friend. Don't you care what happens to him?"

    Tommy looks torn.

    "Please," I say quietly. "Where's the show?"

    I must've finally gotten through to him because he sighs in defeat and finds a small sheet of paper and a pen. He scribbles something down quickly and hands me the paper. "We never spoke, understand?" He says. I nod and glance over the paper.

    "Thank you, Tommy," I say before walking out of the building. Cas is still waiting for me outside.

    "What were you..." he begins, but his sentence trails off as I hold up the piece of paper and grin widely. "Is that—"

    "Yep," I say, handing it over to him. He smiles back at me.

    We arrive back to the lobby of the Bellaqua hotel, which is a very nice hotel by the way, where we are meeting the rest of the Scooby gang.

    "Anything?" Dean asks. By the glum expressions all around I'm guessing they didn't find out anything useful. Castiel hands the slip of paper over to Dean.

    "Nice work, guys," Dean says to the both of us after reading the address and time on the paper. I furrow my eyebrows.

   "Actually, it wasn't me," Cas admits. Dean looks a little surprised as he glances at me, but he also looks a little impressed.

    "Wow," he says. "If I wasn't still mad at you, I might give you a hug."

    "I'll live," I say. He rolls his eyes. The four of us leave the fancy Bellaqua hotel, not wasting any time.