10 | TURNING PAGE

*third person*

The fact that Sam and Dean only have a vague idea of what Bailey is and what she can do, they have absolutely no idea what to do now that she is unconscious after the fight with Lucifer. They aren't sure what she was trying to do to him anyway, but the devil still managed to escape, with Vince Vincente dropping dead right after.

Bailey is lying on her own bed now, Sam carried her inside when they got back to the Bunker. She didn't move the whole time, but he could find a pulse. Cas tried to wake her up with his angel powers, but she wouldn't budge. After a few hours they figured they would just have to wait.

"Sam, come on, it's only been a few hours," Dean tells his brother, seeing the worried look on his face. "She'll wake up."

But it was a weak argument. Dean doesn't have any idea what she did. He noticed that Lucifer didn't seem to enjoy it though. She must have been trying to hurt him in some way. Anyway, it seems pointless trying to reassure Sam that she'll be fine. The two of them both know damn well that neither of them really know enough about her powers to make that kind of prediction.

"Crowley thinks that Bailey was trying to poison him," Cas tells the brothers. "His essence."

"Well, he got away, so what difference does it make?" Dean says.

"If Lucifer finds a new vessel, he shouldn't be as strong as he was before," Castiel explains. "She may have just increased our chances of winning."

"Sure, but we still have to find him," Dean says, flipping his laptop open along with a beer. Honestly, he didn't want to give Bailey any credit. Even before, when she was just another hunter to them, he had trouble trusting her, but then he found out she had powers and he wanted her out of there. He didn't really have to tell her though, she left on her own.

   Another part of him did feel bad. If Cas is right, if Lucifer turns up weaker than before, he doesn't want Bailey to rub that in his face.

If she even wakes up.

•••

I wake slowly, feeling a stabbing pain behind my right eye. That's okay though, I've had that before. Just a headache. It's dark in here, but I know I'm in the Bunker. I recognize the feel of my bed. I lift my arm and check my watch. The numbers light up when I push the button on the side, so I can read them in the dark. 3:30.

It must be early morning, so I haven't even been out for a whole day. Only eight hours or so.

I get up out of the bed, feeling my way carefully in the dark until I reach the door. I flick the light switch on before finding a change of clothes and brushing my hair and teeth. I feel achy all over, but the worst thing is that stabbing pain behind my eye.

I leave my hair down and step out of my room. The bunker feels colder to me this morning, maybe because of what I did to Lucifer, maybe it's having an effect on me.

There's no noise coming from the kitchen, so I can only hope that no one is awake. I wonder if they're mad at me. It's hard to tell with these guys.

"Bailey." Much to my luck, Castiel is in the kitchen, reading through a book. I peek further inside and don't see anyone else. I relax a little. Hopefully Cas will be on my side, defend me a little if Dean gets pissed.

"Hey," I say.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me, setting his book down and standing up.

Well, I feel achy. And I feel like someone's stabbing me in the eye. "Good," I say, because if I'm good enough to get out of bed and get dressed, I must be doing good enough. "Are they sleeping?" I dare ask.