7 | REST IN PEACE

"And Asa made us go roller skating," Bucky says, telling a story about the deceased after most of the party has left. Sam and I broke apart earlier, now it's dark and Sam and Dean are off in another room. I sit around in the living room with Bucky, Max, Alicia, Jody, and a few others. "Like right after these ghouls almost got us. So there's the three of us, all banged up, with a ton of ironic teenagers skating under these neon lights. You remember this Jody?" Bucky taps the woman's shoulder as he walks around her. I sit next to Max on the couch. He is in a slouched position just like mine, and we are both bored. I don't really care about these stories anymore, honestly I just want to get back to Cas and Crowley.

    Jody hums in reply to Bucky's question. "Oh, it was classic," Bucky continues. I wonder if the only reason he is still talking stories is because of the beer in his hand and the countless that came before it. "I mean, you know, until you two snuck off for some sweet, sweet time alone."

    I smile a little at Jody as she blushes a little. The male hunters make suggestive noises like 'ooh' and 'oh, yeah.'

    "'Sweet, sweet time alone'?" Dean says curiously coming into the room.

    "With you, Jody?" Sam says, seeming to have forgotten that I mentioned it earlier. "You didn't tell us you were in a relationship with Asa."

    "Uh," Jody says. "It was just, just a casual thing. Sorry, Loraine." She looks to Asa's mother.

    Loraine simply shrugs. "Asa was always very popular with the ladies," she agrees.

    "Yes, he was," Elvis says.

    "Our mom loved him," Max says. "She used to talk about him all the time." I smile a little at him, because honestly, I know the truth about why they're here.

    "See?" Loraine says, drinking from her glass.

    "And you know, I do have a life when you guys aren't around," Jody says to Sam and Dean.

    "Beer anyone?" Randy says, setting his empty bottle down. Nobody else requests one as Randy gets up and leaves.

    "And here's a news flash," Jody continues. "Dating is hard."

    I barely listen to the conversation until Alicia comes strolling back into the room with a fresh beer in her hand. I furrow my eyebrows at her as she sits on the other side of Max.

   Oh no.

    I'm getting that itching feeling again. If I could flash my eyes I could tell if what I'm thinking is really true, but what are the chances? Besides, I don't want everybody to see my glowing eyes.

   I sit up straight and glance over as I hear the door open and someone start to walk in.

    "Come on in, don't hover," Loraine slurs to the person standing in the other room.

    "Sorry, I knocked," the woman says. I recognize her immediately as Mary Winchester. Her blonde hair is shorter than it was the last time I saw her. "The door was open."

    I wish I could see Sam and Dean's expressions but they have turned to look at their mother who is now under the same roof.

    "Hey," Dean says. He doesn't exactly sound happy, which makes me wonder what's going on amongst the Winchester family.

•••

    Sam, Dean, Mary, and Jody disappear from the room for a moment, so I decide now it might be a good time to leave. It's after nine and it's dark out.