overprotective

"colby! come on we have to go!" i yell from the bottom of the stairs.

"one minute!" colby yells back, still getting ready.

after another five minutes, i yell again. "colby we are going to be late!"

"i'm right- woah" colby starts but cuts himself off.

"what?"

"y/n, you look amazing right now."

"and you look handsome as ever, but we have to go."

we climb into colby's car and start to drive. we're off to a party sam is throwing. the whole way there, we sing along to the radio.

when we arrive, we quickly try to find sam and kat, since we don't know that many people here.

"hey guys, thanks for coming!" sam yells over the music, taking us both in for hugs.

after ten minutes of going back and forth, i convince colby to come and dance with me.

"come on colby, it'll be fun! live a little!" i plead.

"fine" colby grumbles as i drag him to the dance floor.

while dancing, this guy comes up to me from behind and grabs my waist. i assume its colby, since he had just gone to the bathroom and should be coming back.

i turn to look at who it is, and find it's not colby. it's some guy i've never meet before.

"um hello?" i say.

"hi babygirl. let's dance" he smiles.

"i'm sorry i'm here with someone" i uncomfortably mention.

"he doesn't have to know"

"this isn't comfortable for me i'm sorry" i argue, trying to get out of his grasp.

thankfully, colby comes back over to me.

"what the hell, y/n?" he yells.

"colby he grabbed me" i explain.

colby pushes me aside so that he's face to face with the man.

"don't touch her" he growls.

"and what are you going to do about it?" the guy teases.

"this" colby says as he punches the man in his face.

"colby!" i yell. everyone is looking at us, and i'm embarrassed.

the guy gets back up and just walks away. colby turns back to me and just shrugs, which makes me giggle a little.

"i had to, you're mine." colby exclaimed.

we laugh and resume dancing for the rest of the night, which was pretty fun if i do say so myself.