stars pt. 4

the next morning
your pov

"what the fuck?" a voice rings through my room.

"jake! what the hell are you doing in here?" i whisper-yell at jake, getting out of bed and walking towards him.

"i wanted to come talk to you! i figured you would be upset after last night but i guess not." he sarcastically says to me, gesturing towards colby.

i push him out of the room and walk out with him. i close the door behind me so colby doesn't wake up.

"listen, you can't say anything. no one was supposed to know he's here. please." i plead.

"y/n, you haven't seen him in how long now? and you're just letting him into our home like nothing happened?" he looks at me like i'm crazy.

"he needed somewhere to sleep, and i wasn't going to leave him to sleep in the streets of LA in his car." i shrug.

"this is crazy y/n. i have to tell the others. we don't know what he could do! how do you know we're safe?"

"trust me, i talked to him for a long time last night. he never meant any harm. he's just lost." i look jake in the eyes.

"i'm telling the others." jake starts to walk away.

i grab his arm and turn him around. "please, don't. he will be so upset with me."

"i'm sorry y/n/n. i have to." be shrugs and walks towards the others rooms.

i walk back into my room and close the door behind me. colbys still asleep. i sit next to him on the bed and push his hair out of his eyes.

jakes pov

i can't believe she lied to me.

after all this time and all the trust we've built, she still doesn't trust me enough to tell me that he's here.

i don't feel safe around him.

he leaves us in the middle of the night and just runs away, not telling anyone? seems a bit suspicious to me.

i walk over to sams room. him and colby were the best of friends before colby left. he deserves to know first.

i knock on the door. i know he's probably still asleep, so i slowly open the door.

"sam?" i call out to him, making him wake up.

"hey dude, what's up?" he sits up in bed and rubs his eyes.

"um, we have a bit of a situation." i bite my lip and watch his facial expressions.

"what is it?" he asks.

"colbys here." i blurt out.

i see sams eyes go wide as he looks at me in disbelief.

"you're kidding, right?" he tilts his head while asking.

i just shake my head. "y/n didn't want me to tell anyone. apparently colby didn't want us to know."

sam sighs and puts his head in his hands.

"i'm going to go talk to the others. house meeting in 30?" i question.

"yeah. that works." he replies with his head still down.

i walk to corey and devyns room and knock.

"come in!" devyn yells from the other side of the door.

i walk into their room and find them both sitting on the bed.

"what's up man?" corey questions.