we broke up.

this imagine is based off of david and liza's video. i think their video is so cute and was done in the right way. so before you come at me #diza fans, i love them too. i'm just using their beautiful relationship as a basis for an imagine. thank you!!
••••
your pov

"hey guys." colby starts out the video, in a less exciting way than usual. "today, as you can see i'm here with y/n. and as you can see by the title, we broke up."

"it's been a few months because we thought it'd be best to wait and let things calm down before we jump into making this public. we told our roommates not too long ago, so we are trying to share this information with you as soon as possible, because we want to be the ones to tell the world, and because we think we are ready now."

he takes a deep breath and looks at me, i half-smile and nod my head, letting him know it's okay to go on.

"so, yeah. y/n broke up with me a few months ago."

"goddamnit y/n, why did she do that?" i joke, making him laugh and lightening the mood. tears form in my eyes, but i try to hide them.

"why are you crying? it was your idea!" colby laughs.

"i looked at the light for way too long." i giggle, going along with the joke.

"it wasn't healthy for us to continue to be together for now." colby emphasizes the "for now".

"basically what we're trying to say is, we're friends." i explain. "this relationship isn't working for us right now."

colby has tears in his eyes too and he turns off the camera for a little bit while we talk things through. we talk about all the good times we have had together and how we both want our relationship to work in the future.

15 minutes of talking turns into 2 hours, and we start the video again, both of us still crying.

"one of us is going through a lot right now. it's some rough stuff, but not stuff they can't get through. that person needs to learn how to love themselves before they love anyone else." i explain, talking about myself.

"bottom line is, y/n is the best girl ever. literally the best person i've ever met in my life. there is not a bad bone in her body." colby goes on, pulling me into a hug.

"i think we should make this clear. if y/n goes out and finds another boy, we will destroy him." colby laughs into the camera.

"no!" i laugh along with him. "i don't want anybody." i admit.

"who do you want?" colby asks.

"you." i confess. "to be my best friend" i cover up my true feelings.

colby looks at me confused, but brushes it off for the camera.

"we broke up because we've been a little distant lately. we've both just been so busy and we're starting new things. that's all there is to the story. no one cheated or did any of that. we just need time to work on ourselves and our businesses first." colby explains to the camera.

"we didn't tell anyone for a while because we were both just so angry with the fact that we distanced ourselves in the first place." i continue.

"but colby, he's my best friend and i love him. colby is my rock and always has been and always will be. he's my shoulder to cry on no matter what. he's not going anywhere, okay?" i ask the camera.

i look over to colby and see his tears falling down his face. it pains me, but i know we're doing the right thing.

"who knows guys, we may end up back together." colby starts. "and i actually really hope we do. but first, we both need to be able to understand love and how to find it in ourselves first. we're both so young and have our whole lives to figure this out. and we will figure it out."

colby and i look at each other through our tear flooded eyes. he pulls me in for a hug and we stay just like that for a while.

colby is the love of my life, and this hurts so bad, but you know what they say. if you love something let it go, and if it comes back, you know it's meant to be.

••••
lol this is so bad

i'm working on three two-part imagines right now so those will be up soon!!

i wanted to still give you guys something to read so that's why this is pretty blah

also hahaha rip me because of the hiatus like ik they're going on vacation and i hope they have fun but i'm going to miss them!!!

xoxo
ro