stars pt. 2

your pov

my breath hitches as i see the messages. my heart races and i try to comprehend what they mean.

"what's wrong y/n/n?" jake questions, noticing my anxious state.

i show him my phone and i see his expression change from confused to angry and back to confused.

"is it-?" he starts.

"i don't know." i admit.

i hear jake sigh and he makes a u-turn.

"it's late." he says.

i stay silent as we start the drive back to the house. my mind is racing with thoughts but my eyes fall heavy.

i see the world start to go black and suddenly i'm not thinking anymore.

jakes pov

as i pull into the driveway, i turn my attention back to y/n. she's asleep. i hear small breaths escape her mouth.

i knew this day would come.

i knew that he'd come back to her.

i would come back to her.

then again, i wouldn't leave in the first place.

but like i've said many times, she's my best friend before anything else. i have to be there for her whenever she needs me.

i open up the passenger door and unbuckle her seatbelt. i lift her into my arms and she wraps her legs around me.

i carry her up to her room and place her on the bed. i take off her shoes and wrap her in the blanket.

as much as i would want to get into that bed with her and hold her in my arms, i know that's not right, so i walk into my room and sit on my bed.

i hope he makes her happy again.

the next morning
your pov

i wake up in my room with my clothes still on. the last thing i remember is being in jakes car. he must have brought me upstairs.

i had a dream that i got texts from an unknown number telling me to meet them somewhere. i have a lot of those types of dreams since colby left.

i turn to my other side and see my phone sitting next to me. i turn it on and see a text from an unknown number.

unknown number
i'll see you there

my mind is blank. i don't know what this person is talking about.

i open my phone and go to my texts and see that this number texted me multiple times.

unknown number
meet me tomorrow

unknown number
you know where

unknown number
11:13 pm is the exact time you need to be there

unknown number
please

they're the same messages from my dream. was it a dream? it must not have been.

my thoughts immediately go to colby.

it's him.

but it can't be him.

why now? after all this time, why would he want to meet now?

i look at the time and see it's 11 am.

12 hours until i see him.

i need to talk to someone about this, so i go to jake. he's always there and he knows how to help in every situation.