neighbors

y/b/f/n= your best friends name
••••
your pov

"y/b/f/n! is that all the boxes?" i yell through the fairly empty house.

"yes! that was the last one!" i hear y/b/f/n reply back.

y/b/f/n and i have known each other forever. we're best friends. we both had the same dream of moving to LA and making it big somehow. isn't that what everyone here wants?

we were looking for a long time but finally found a house that we love. it's a bit pricey, but it's worth it.

today was our official moving day. the moving truck came with all of our stuff from home.

i head to my new room, where all of my boxes sit. if i don't start unpacking now, i know i'll never do it. procrastination is my best feature.

after a few boxes, i'm startled by the ringing of the doorbell. who would it be? we don't know anyone here yet and we didn't order food or anything.

i make my way down stairs and look through the window to see a boy standing at our door. i open the door to greet him, slightly cautiously.

"hey! i'm colby. i'm your new neighbor!" he beams at me. woah. he's gorgeous. his dark hair and his bright blue eyes pull me in immediately. he has a sharp jawline and strong arms. he's my neighbor?

"oh, hi. nice to meet you! i'm y/n. i live here with my best friend but i'm pretty sure she's sleeping." i explain.

"y/n, i like that name. i live with five other people. it can be a bit crazy but they're all my best friends."

"i don't know if i could deal cleaning up after five other people." i laugh.

"yeah, it can be difficult at times. but we all get along." he chuckles. "anyways, i was wondering if you wanted to come over to a party tonight at our place? it starts at 8. i can introduce you to everyone and you can bring your friend too."

"i'll have to talk to my friend, but i'll let you know. can i have your number?" i ask.

"sure" he smiles and puts it into my phone. "well i'll see you later i hope." he smirks.

"i hope so too" i giggle and close the door.

without hesitating, i run up to y/b/f/n's room and barge in, waking her up from her sleep.

"y/b/f/n!" i yell.

"what the hell do you want y/n? i was sleeping!" she groans.

"we're going to a party tonight. it's at the neighbors house." i inform.

"how do you even know the neighbors?" she questions.

"well, one of them, out of six, came up to the door and introduced himself. his name is colby and he's probably the most beautiful human being i've ever seen." i explain, blushing a little.

"okay, fine. but only because i expect his roommates to be hot too and i could use a man right now. i'm lonely." she giggles.

it's four now, so i may as well start getting ready. i don't want to keep unpacking and i need something to do.

"okay! we'll leave at 7:45! thank you!" i exclaim as i leave her room.

i start by taking a shower. i've been moving boxes and unpacking all day, so i need to freshen up.

after i shower, i start my makeup. i'm going for a subtle look, but one that will still make me look good.

i dry my hair and straighten it so it's not frizzy and gross like usual. i want to look good.

i pick out a pair of black ripped jeans a red crop top. i put on my white converse and some earrings too. i'm happy with how i look.

then i realize i forgot to text colby.

"hey colby! so sorry i didn't text until now, i completely forgot. but y/b/f/n and i will definitely be there tonight! see you later!" i type and send.

it's already 7:15 so i go to check on y/b/f/n.

when i walk in her room, she's already ready, which is shocking.

"are you excited?" she asks.

"i'm excited, but also really nervous. what if they don't like me?" i anxiously say.

"he wouldn't have asked you to come if he didn't like you. trust me." she reassures me.

we decide to start walking over to their house, which is huge.

"they must have some money." y/b/f/n smirks.

once we get to the door, we knock. we are greeted by colby.

"hey! so glad you guys came!" he shouts over the music.

"this is y/b/f/n!" i yell back.

they greet each other as he brings us inside to introduce us to everyone. the party just started and already so many people are here.

he brings us over to a group of boys and a girl.

"guys, this is y/n and her best friend y/b/f/n. they're our new neighbors." colby introduces us. "this is sam, aaron, jake, corey, and devyn." he shows, moving down a line.

"nice to meet you!" i beam. they all seem so nice and cool.

throughout the night, we all get to know each other and laugh. colby disappears for a little bit, but since i don't know him that well, i decide it's not my business.

he comes back about an hour after he leaves.

"hey, where'd you go?" i ask.

"just to talk to my friend brennen for a little bit." he explains.

we start small talk and i get to know more about him, which i like. he's from kansas and he's known sam since freshman year in high school.

"y/n, can i tell you something?" he questions, looking a little nervous.

"of course." i reply.

"i think you're beautiful." he blushes.

i'm in shock. someone like him likes me?

"i really like you, and i know we just met, but do you want to go out some time? you're really cool and i'd love to get to know you even better." he smiles.

"of course! that sounds amazing!" i quickly agree.

these new neighbors may be just what i needed in LA.