the alarm clock prank

i was rewatching the vid where sam and kat pranked corey and devyn with this and i couldn't stop laughing and thought it'd be fun to write as if it was you and colby so yeah!!!
••••
sam's pov

"what's up guys! it is sam and kat. today we're doing a little couples prank on colby and y/n. im whispering right now because it is currently 1 o'clock in the morning and everyone's asleep, except colby and y/n. they're downstairs making a snack so we have to hurry. we have alarms and we are going to fill their room with three alarm clocks and set up cameras in their room. they're going to be going off all night so we're gonna make sure they don't get an ounce of sleep." i whisper to the camera.

"by the second alarm they're going to be going crazy" kat adds, giggling a bit.

we go to check to make sure they're still downstairs, because if they aren't, the whole prank is ruined.

we see that they're still downstairs and head into their room to start setting up the alarms and cameras.

we put one in the the laundry basket, set to 2:11 am.

we set another one for 2:30, and placed it behind a picture.

the last one, set for 3:00, we station under their bed.

"this is going to be really hard for them to get" i laugh into the camera, still trying to be as quiet as possible so no one hears us.

we set up the two cameras, and head out.

soon enough, we hear them start to come up the stairs.

as we get back to my room, kat looks at me with panic in her eyes.

"sam, what if they... ya know?"

"what do you mean?"

"what if they have sex tonight? we'd be in so much trouble because of the cameras!"

"oh shit" i mumble, realizing what this could mean.

"wait, shhh" kat says as she puts her ear against the door. "okay they're coming upstairs. y/n said she's tired. we should be okay."

we both sigh a breath of relief.

y/n's pov

"colby i'm tired, can we go upstairs now?" i yawn.

"yeah, let's go." colby replied, grabbing my hand and taking me upstairs.

we lay down in bed, his arm wrapped around me and my head laying on his chest.

"goodnight colbs. i love you" i whisper.

"goodnight baby. i love you more."

*timeskip to 2:11*

i wake up to a beeping. i check my phone to see the time. 2:11, it reads. what the hell is going off at 2:11 in the morning?

i roll over so that i'm facing colby as i see he's starting to wake up too, rubbing his eyes.

"what the hell?" he mumbles, his raspy voice making it hard to get the words out.

"it sounds like an alarm clock" i realize.

colby gets out of bed and starts searching around the room for whatever is making the noise.

"it sounds like it's coming from the closet." i say, watching him walk around.

colby starts heading towards the closet, but stops a few feet before it. he looks to the left and into the laundry basket we have sitting on the floor.