make a move

colby's pov

it's been two years.

two years since i met y/n.

two years since i fell for her.

i knew from the moment i met y/n that i would fall for her. from her y/h/c hair to her laugh, she's perfect.

but she doesn't want me. she has a boyfriend. they've been dating for six months.

so i gave up trying to get her. she seems to really love him. and i'm happy for her.

your pov

i'm on my way to the trap house. i need someone to talk to.

alex broke up with me.

i should've known from the beginning that it wasn't going to work. we're so different, but i thought that's what made us work.

i was really happy with him. i really was.

i guess he just didn't feel the same.

the guys (and devyn) who live in the trap house are my best friends and i could just use someone to talk to.

i decide to text sam to let him know i'm coming over just so he isn't alarmed when i barge in the door.

i write out a simple text.

"hey sam. can i come over? alex and i broke up and i just need someone to talk to."

i get a quick reply from sam.

"yeah! see you soon"

colby's pov

"everyone downstairs now!" i hear sam shout from the bottom of the steps.

aaron, jake, corey, devyn and i all make our way down the stairs, all wondering what sam has to say.

"alright guys. y/n is on her way over here right now. her and alex broke up. we all need to be here for her right now." he tells.

my heart starts beating quicker than ever. her and alex broke up?

wow.

"colby, this is your chance man! sweep her off her feet!" corey exclaims, everyone else agreeing.

"i don't know guys. she just got out of a relationship and probably doesn't want one now. especially not with me." i shrug.

"just make a move dude! you won't know unless you try!" jake encourages.

your pov

i pull up into the driveway and enter the code for the gate. i'm here so often that i may as well have my own room here.

i park my car and sit for a moment. i need to collect my thoughts.

i don't know if i want them to see me like this. especially colby.

sure, he's one of my best friends, but i've always had a little thing for him in the back of my mind.

but colby's way too good for me.

i snap out of my thoughts and make my way to the front door. i knock until i see sam open the door.

"hey" i half-smile.

he pulls me in for a hug as i walk into the house.

devyn runs up to me and embraces me while rubbing my back.

"how are you?" she asks.

"i've been better i guess." i shrug.

all the roommates greet me as i walk closer to them. they all have sympathy in their eyes.

that's when i feel a tap on my shoulder. i turn to my side and find colby standing there. i wipe my eyes to get rid of my tears.

before i know it, he pulls my face to his and placed his lips on mine, moving them in sync.

my thoughts go blank. i don't feel sad. i feel something new.

i hear gasps from the other roommates and i hear corey and sam start clapping.

"that's my boy!" jake shouts.

i feel colby start smiling into the kiss and i run my hands through his hair.

he pulls away and rests his forehead on mine.

"you don't know how long i've wanted to do that." he whispers.

"you don't know how long i've wanted that to happen." i smile, happy tears coming through my eyes.

"i told you!" sam shouts, making me giggle.

"he made his move!" jake yells.