touchdown

your pov

"come on, y/b/f/n! the game starts in 30 and i want to be there early!" i yelled up the stairs. i walked into y/b/f/n's house ten minutes ago and she's still upstairs getting ready.

"my shirt looks ugly! it needs to be somewhat cute!" she shouted back.

i rolled my eyes and sighed.

i'm excited for the game tonight. it's the first football game of the season and the theme is white-out. i have on a white sweatshirt, white shorts, white knee socks, and white shoes with multiple white accessories like earrings and bracelets. let's just say, i go a little overboard when it comes to spirit.

finally, y/b/f/n came downstairs with the same shirt she had on before.

"really?" i laugh at her.

"shut up." she squints.

she has a bottle of white paint in her hands and we go out to her driveway to put hand prints on our legs. yes, it's basic, but it's fun.

once we get all the paint on and wash our hands, we walk to the football stadium. her house is about two minutes from the high school, so we don't have to go far. as we're walking, we see other people decked out in white walking in the direction of the high school.

as we get to the student entrance, we pull put our tickets that i bought at school and walk into the stadium. i've always loved the energy that radiates when people are excited to see their friends and watch the game.

we wave to a few friends and then make our way to the student section in the stands. we find some friends and stand on the bleachers with them as the game starts.

we talked and watched the game and everything was going great. although, something was a little weird. colby brock, my crush since sixth grade, kept turning around and looking up in my direction. i don't think much of it, he's probably looking at one of my friends. i don't blame him, they're gorgeous.

y/b/f/n and i walked down back to underneath the bleachers to walk around and look for anyone we know. after about two minutes of being gone, i felt my phone buzz in my back pocket and i reached for it. i saw a notification pop up with a snapchat from colby.

i open it and see a random picture of the field with a caption saying "where'd you go?" it's a little weird, but i just respond and tell him we're walking around.

not too long after, i feel another buzz and pull out my phone again and open it to see another snapchat from colby. it says, "come back, i want to see you." a blush creeps onto my face as y/b/f/n grabs my phone from my hand.

"okay y/n! i see you!" she laughs.

"stop!" i squeal and take my phone back.

we walk back up to our seats in the bleachers and i catch colby looking at us from the corner of my eye. i look his way and he notices. he waves his hand so i know to go over to him.

"i'll be right back" i tell y/b/f/n as i start to make my way across the bleachers to colby.

"hey" i smile.

"you look so good right now." he murmurs, looking me up and down.

my cheeks turn a dark shade of red and he starts laughing.

"what's bringing this on now?" i ask.

"y/n/n, i know you've been crushing on me since sixth grade. and i've been crushing on you since then too." he smirks. my mind starts to race and my heart is pounding.

i'm speechless. no words come out of my mouth. i would daydream about this day during science class while staring at him, but i never thought it would actually come true.

"are you okay?" he narrows his eyes and i can see concern wash over him.

"i'm just shocked." i tell him. he laughs and looks me in the eyes. before i know it, he's wrapping his arms around my waist and he pulls me in. i hesitate for a moment, but after that, i give in and hug him back.

as he pulls away, he starts to tickle me. as a reflex, i immediately shoot my hand up and i'm about to hit him away when he grabs my hand. he twirls me around in a quick motion that makes my heart race.

"okay, okay. that was smooth" i giggle.

"of course it was." he laughs.

••••

1. i'm sorry that was awful
2. this actually happened to me lol weird
3. i'm so so so sorry i haven't been uploading a lot!! school started recently and it's really been crazy and i have had no inspiration or time but i'm going to try and post more often!!!

xoxo
ro