laser tag

your pov
1:45 pm

"guys! come downstairs! now!" i hear corey yell from the bottom of the stairs.

i shake colby to attempt waking him up. we were out late last night so he's still asleep.

"colbyyyyyyy" i drag out his name, more vigorously shaking him. being a heavy sleeper, he just stays still.

i climb on top of his bare back so that i'm straddling him. i draw designs on his back until i see his eyes flutter.

"what? it's early." he grumbles.

"time to wakey! corey wants us downstairs and it's almost 2." i explain.

we walk downstairs to see everyone sitting on the couch waiting.

"sorry guys. colby wasn't waking up." i shake my head.

"nothing new" jake laughs.

"alright guys. today we're filming a video for my channel and we're gonna go play laser tag. who's in?" corey asks.

devyn, jake, aaron, sam, kat, colby and i all agree.

"alright, we'll leave in about an hour. be down here when it's time or we will leave without you! also bring your cameras so i can get your perspectives!" corey exclaims.

we all go to our rooms to get changed. colby follows me into our room and lays back down on the bed.

"no no no sleepyhead! we have to get ready!" i laugh.

i grab some clothes from the closet. i put on light washed ripped jeans and one of colby's white 'take chances' shirts. i put on my black vans too. my hair goes up into a slightly messy ponytail and i do minimal makeup.

once colby decides to actually get up, we head downstairs and wait on the couch for everyone.

as soon as everyone's ready, we get into the cars and are off.

corey, devyn, aaron, and jake go in corey's car while colby, sam, kat, and i go in colby's car.

once we get to the laser tag place, we start to decide teams.

"okay. i was thinking boys vs girls, but there's an uneven number of boys and girls." corey explains.

"don't worry guys, i can be one of the girls!" aaron pretends to flip his hair, making everyone laugh.

colby, sam, corey and jake are all on the blue team.

devyn, kat, aaron and i are on the red team.

the staff member explains to us the rules and objectives when colby leans over to me.

"you're going down y/l/n." he whispers.

"you wish." i giggle.

he bites his lip and raises his eyebrows. "it's on." he smirks.

"watch out." i smile.

as the doors open to the arena, the teams go to their sides. once the time starts, we run to hiding places.

i run into corey but sneak away from him as i shoot at sam. jake tries to shoot at me, but he misses as i slip away. for some reason, i can't find colby. i've searched around the whole arena, but he's nowhere to be found.

i find devyn in the corner hiding.

"get out there! we still have to beat them!" i whisper-yelled.

"i'm not good at this like you are! you're like a ninja!" she laughs.

as she says that, i hear footsteps getting closer. i pull devyn behind a wall and put my finger to her mouth so she's quiet. the person walks away, not noticing us.

i venture off to go find someone else when something pulls me into a corner.

i don't even get to say anything because of the soft lips that plant themselves on mine, immediately letting me know who i'm with.

our lips move in sync as i run my hand through colby's hair, tugging at it, causing him to let out slight moans.

he pulls away before it gets too far.

"sorry babe." he shrugs.

"for what?" i ask.

"this." he smirks as he points his laser gun at me and shoots me right in the chest.

he laughs and walks away as i stand there dumbfounded.

the game time is up and we walk back to the outside area.

i scored the most points out of everyone, colby coming in a close second.

our team cheers as the boys pout because of their loss.

colby grabs my waist and whispers in my ear.

"good game."