•i'm not a labonair•

~•⚜️•~

~•⚜️•~

A broken-hearted Imogen Farien Avery stared at the clear lake of the Bayou. Millions of thoughts running around her head. She and Hayley only wanted to find their origin. She only wanted to know the truth about her family. She didn't know that her search would lead her back to New Orleans. She didn't know while she searched for her origin, she was already carrying her child with Klaus'.

'Oh, Niklaus Mikaelson.'

The noirette remembered the hurt look on his face when his own brother accused him of only caring for the baby to make his hybrid army and Hayley quickly judging him without knowing the truth. The look of pain he gave her when he said she and their baby will look only at him as a liar, manipulator and a bastard like everyone else.

She desperately wanted to believe he just said those words out of spite.

She didn't believe that he would have an ulterior motive for caring and loving their baby. She didn't believe that he would just use her. She didn't believe he knew what the baby could do. She didn't believe in Tyler, she believed in him.

It hurt her knowing he gave up on her, their baby and worse, himself.

She trusts that things will be different once everyone clears their heads.

Imogen looked down at her pregnant stomach and caressed it. 'I am sorry, little one, that mommy couldn't fix things easily with our family like before. And don't blame yourself for what happened. It's not your fault, neither your father's, it just got so complicated.' she sighed sadly as a single tear escaped from her left eye.

"Farien."

The noirette closed her eyes refraining her tears from falling completely before quickly wiping the tear that fell from her face as Elijah Mikaelson slowly walked over to her.

"Do understand that I have no intentions to make you feel this way."

Imogen opened her eyes as she turned to face the Original vampire with a blank look on her face yet her eyes were teary and full of sadness.

"Though I regret nothing."

"Why are you doing this to your own brother, Elijah?" Imogen asked the Original vampire. "Why are you doing this to me?"

Elijah looked sadly at her. "I only wanted to protect you." he said, determined.

"You don't have to, Elijah."