•i'm not saying goodbye•

~•⚜️•~

~•⚜️•~

10th Century
Mystic Falls

Heavy rain was pouring nonstop with the wind brewing strongly and thunder cackled loudly. A cottage nearby the Mikaelsons, a young Imogen Avery has hidden, terrified of the storm. She huddled in a corner, her eyes were tightly shut as tears ran down her face and her arms clamped on her ears, trying to mute the loud and terrifying noises outside the Avery cottage.

The young noirette was unaware of light footsteps entering the room she was in and a small shadow walking towards her.

"Imogen, I am here."

The young Imogen gasped in surprise and quickly looked up. Standing before her with a comforting smile on his face was the young Kol Mikaelson.

"Kol!"

Young Imogen stood up from the ground and quickly jumped into the young boy's arms.

Kol smiled softly and tightly embraced the noirette. "I am here, Imogen! Do not worry. I will protect you from this storm." he said, bravely. "Do not be afraid."

"I cannot help but be afraid, Kol, but I am more afraid for Bekah. She is terrified of the storm." Imogen said, quietly.

Kol shakes his head. "Do not worry about her. She's fine. Nik's with her." he assured.

Imogen smiled softly before a loud boom of thunder was heard outside. The terrified noirette flinched and started crying again as Kol wrapped his arms even more tightly around her.

"I am here. I am here." Kol soothed.

Imogen continued to sob but felt safe in Kol's small arms and relieved that he was with her. The young Kol continued to tightly embrace the scared girl in his arms.

Before the storm hit, he was worried for the young noirette and looked everywhere for her but she was nowhere to be found but then thought of a place that she would go if she wanted to hide and so, he went to her family's abandoned cottage and did found her huddled in a corner crying.

"I do not like seeing you cry, Imogen. I hate it." Kol muttered. "If I can fight with this storm, I will! Because it made you cry!"

Imogen continued sobbing in the young Mikaelson's arms. Kol frowned and thought what he could do to distract the noirette and make her smile again. His eyes widen when an idea popped in his head and smiled widely.