•i'm not tempted•

~•⚜️•~

~•⚜️•~

10th Century
New World

The village was holding a bonfire, where Esther and a young Klaus Mikaelson were dancing around the fire with some villagers while others play music on their various instruments.

"Your father may teach you to hunt, but I will teach you to win the heart of the prettiest girl in the village!" Esther told Klaus, who looked at his mother in joy.

The two spin around happily but Klaus stopped dancing when he saw the young Imogen Avery sitting beside the young Finn Mikaelson watching the older boy as he cleans his flute in his hand. Klaus smiled happily at the pretty noirette and looked up at his mother, who happily smiled back.

"You have a good eye, my son. She is the prettiest girl in the village."

The young Imogen looked up and saw Klaus and Esther looking at her. She gave them a big smile and a small wave. Klaus' eyes widen in surprise and shyly smiled back before looking down at his feet in embarrassment for getting caught staring while Esther chuckled softly at her son's reaction and smiled at the noirette.

"He likes you."

Imogen turned to find Finn looking at her with a small smile on his face. She grinned happily. "I like him too." she said innocently.

Finn chuckled softly. "Not like that, Imogen." he said, amused.

Imogen frowned. "Huh? What do you mean, Finn?" she asked, confused.

Finn smiled softly as he affectionately pats the noirette's head. "You will understand when you grow older, Imogen. Just understand this, friends can be more than friends."

~•~•~

In the courtyard of the compound, both Imogen Avery and Hayley Marshall stood in front of a table full of food as they happily munch on an array of fruit.

"Whoever compelled a chef for this, thank you." Imogen said and plucked a grape before putting it on her mouth.

Hayley nodded in agreement and continued eating as Imogen turned around when she heard footsteps and saw Klaus walking towards her with a confused look on his face when he saw the table full of food.

"So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef again?" Imogen asked him before turning to pluck another grape.

Klaus laughed softly as he stood beside Imogen. "It's certainly a card I've played for you in the past, my love, but I had no hand in this." he said and gestured to the food on the table.