•i'm not betrayed by the truth•

~•⚜️•~

~•⚜️•~

1919
New Orleans

It was early in the morning when one of the doors of the Abbatoir opened and came out the stunningly beautiful Immortal, wearing a nurse outfit with her long black hair pulled up in a neat bun.

Imogen Farien Avery sneaked out of her room and quietly descended the stairs, trying her best not to make a noise to alert Klaus, Marcel, Elijah and Rebekah. She was going to the Fleur de Lis Sanatorium, where her witch friends, Genevieve and Clara Summerlin worked as nurses.

Spanish Influenza was spreading rapidly in the country and the people of New Orleans were getting really sick and worse, dying because of the pandemic.

The noirette wanted to help her people by making herbal remedies that she learned from Genevieve and tried her best to delay the inevitable and take away their pain.

"And where do you think you're going?"

Imogen's flinched, her eyes widen as she turned and saw Rebekah Mikaelson standing behind her with her arms crossed and a serious look on her pretty face.

The noirette gave her blonde best friend an innocent smile. "Good morning, Rebekah. You're early." she said.

Rebekah raised an eyebrow. "Well, seeing that you're all dressed and everything, ready to leave, I could say that you're way earlier than I."

Imogen sighed. "Fine, you caught me. I'm sorry, I tried to sneak out." she apologized in guilt with her head down.

Rebekah chuckled, amused as she shakes her head. "Where are you even going?" she asked. "Nik and Elijah forbid you from leaving especially when this flu is spreading everywhere."

"I'm going to Fleur de Lis Sanatorium." Imogen told the blonde.

Rebekah's eyes widen. "What the bloody hell? The one place you shouldn't be going at a time like this!" she whispered, horrified.

"Our people are getting sick and dying, Rebekah. I'm not gonna stay home and do nothing when I know I can do something for them." Imogen said with a determined look on her face. "I volunteered to help at the hospital. Genevieve and Clara need my help."

Rebekah frowned. "Who now?"

"Genevieve and Clara are my friends that worked in the hospital. They're French Quarter witches." Imogen told her.