•i'm not writing a love letter•

~•⚜️•~

~•⚜️•~

1810
New Orleans

Imogen Farien Avery held the young Marcellus' hand in hers as they entered the Governor's home with Klaus Mikaelson, following closely behind them.

"Well, I see you've come to return some stolen property." The Governor told them.

Imogen smiled softly. "On the contrary, governor, the boy shall remain with me." she said with seriousness in her voice.

"Unfortunately, my lady he's not for sale."

Imogen caught Klaus' eye. Klaus smirked and walked closer to the Governor. "Well, we do not wish to buy him. You will grant him his freedom." he said.

"And if I say no?"

Imogen pushed the young Marcel behind her as Klaus simply quirk an eyebrow and grabbed the Governor in a choke-hold.

"You seem to have misinterpreted the matter as up for debate." Klaus said and squeezed the Governor's throat before glancing at the noirette. "As well as the lovely lady's intentions with the boy."

"Fine! Take him! He wasn't worth a damn to me anyway!"

Klaus lets the Governor go and smiled as he turned to Imogen, who smiled happily at him. The noirette took Marcel's hand and smiled down at him.

"Come, Marcellus."

Imogen and Marcel walked out of the mansion with Klaus following behind them.

"They tell me he is your father." Klaus said and stopped walking as Imogen and Marcel turned to him. "Is it true?"

Imogen gently placed her hands on Marcel's small shoulders as the young boy nodded.

"You know, my father hated me, too."
Klaus said and walked over to Marcel. "The truth is, Marcellus, family can be more than just those with whom we share blood. We can choose."

Imogen knelt in front of Marcel. "We'll be your family from now on, Marcellus." she said happily. "We'll love you and care for you as if our own."

Marcel's eyes widen as tears started to form under his eyes, touched by what Klaus and Imogen said. He jumped into the noirette's arms. "Mother!"

Imogen looked surprised for a moment before smiling happily. Marcel, realized what he said quickly pulled away and smiled apologetically.