Inveigling

The next day, work had drug by. I feared running into the jerk of a stranger, again. I was glad to be working with Stacy. She was gushing on and on about her night. Her ravenous, explicit evening. I tried not to blush. The woman had zero couth, but it was definitely helping the hours pass.

I had been placing in an order for one of our regulars, when I turned around to find none other, than the asshole from the night before. I froze in place. He was staring at me. His eyes were dark, as he flashed me a devilish grin,  weakening my knees, and bringing my heart into my throat.

I was relieved to see Stacy rushing to bring him his regular poison. She gave him a sheepish smile and met me at the register to start his tab.

"Good god, that man really gets me wet." She whispered, causing me to stare at her, with a shocked expression. She caught my inability to respond, and rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on. Don't act like you aren't heated every time he comes in here. I know I am."

"I've only met him once, and I wasn't impressed." I shot back. The man was infuriating. I wouldn't dare admit, that what she was suggesting was true. He was more than nice to look at. He was the type of strikingly gorgeous, that had you imagining images of soaked bodies and pounding flesh running through your mind. I shouldn't have been staring at him. His face was more than enticed by my gaze. I still hadn't moved, but I watched his finger rise and stroke the air for me to approach him.

"Hello again." He smiled, as I made my way over. His deep voice ran over my skin. I did my best to keep my hands steady, as I passed him a menu. I wanted to pretend like he had no effect on me. I wanted him to leave, but I settled for just playing out my roll as his server.

"Did you want something off the menu, sir. Stacy has your tab started, so I can place it in for you, once you've decided." He hadn't asked for anything, but I couldn't stand there for him to ogle over.

"Where are you going?" He coaxed his words, as I turned to tend to another patron.

"I'm working." I shot back. I wasn't there for his pleasure. He didn't even like me talking so much. Why on earth would I stand and wait for his decisions.

"Leave with me." His words made my spin. Something in his eyes was hypnotic. His voice sounded different somehow, far darker than before, but no one around seemed to acknowledge the change.

I stood up straight, and marched my way to lean over the bar, so I could look him dead in the eyes. "I will never go anywhere with you." My voice was a whisper, but I held my contempt in its tone.

He only stared at me. His expression seemed completely shocked at my reply. It was as if the guy had never been turned down before. To be honest, I could understand why. If I didn't have my previous experience with him, I would have already been begging him to take me, but I knew better.

"You're telling me, no?" He asked, cocking his head to one side and hooding his eyes with his lids.

"I'm telling you, go to hell!" I snapped, not caring who heard me.

I walked off to face the register, not really looking at it, but I could still see his reflection in the mirror lining the bar wall. He knocked back his drink, and slammed the empty glass back down to the bar. Stacy came by to pick up the money he had thrown down.

Fucking prick!

The guy was even more disgusting than before. I refused to clean his glass, allowing Stacy to finish ringing out his tab, and do it instead. At first, I hadn't paid attention to the name on the tab she was holding for him, but I caught a glance of it, as I went to place in a new drink order.