The Orphan

2010
Stark Expo

S.H.I.E.L.D is securing the area, under the supervision of Agent Phil Coulson.

"Sir. We have a major situation."
The lower agent says to Phil Coulson. He looks up at the man, surprised.
This was supposed to be a quiet night, simply supervising cleanup. Fury had allowed him it since he had been supervising Stark himself not much earlier.
There shouldn't be a 'major situation' tonight.

"Show me." He said, putting his phone in his pants pocket and following the man.
And when he rounded the corner of the building, his dress shoes came to a abrupt halt, and his eyes bugged slightly.

There, sitting cross legged and staring at him was a young girl.
She had long black hair, and bright grey-blue eyes. She wore a peaceful expression as she sat there, her hands curving and flicking as the black tendrils coming out of them danced around, causing the twisted metal and rubble to float and spin in the air.

The first telekinetic.

He held up a hand to the men who had guns trained on the girl, signaling that they should lower them. And after a moment, they did.
Coulson slowly walked forwards, before squatting in front of the young girl.

"Hey there, I'm gonna have to ask you to gently lower the rubble ok?"
He says slowly, and she smiles at him and nods. With a gentle downward flick of her fingers, the rubble falls to the ground as though it was as light as a feather.
"May I ask your name?"
Coulson says, shifting from squatting to also sitting cross legged on the cool cement.
"I-I think my name is Lola..."
the little girl says softly, in a unsure voice.

"Oh and how old are you Lola?" Coulson says, with a small bout of confusion in his voice about how unsure she is.

"I'm eight!" She says, showing a small smile.
Coulson smiles back at her, but on the inside, he's worried. She doesn't seem to know much about herself for a eight year old.

"Can you tell me where your parents are?"
He says slowly and clearly, and the girl looks at him, and with a shockingly serious expression, says,

"I don't have parents."

—————————————————-

And that seemed to be true. The girl was basically nonexistent. Even DNA tests using the advanced S.H.I.E.L.D servers and resources came up empty handed.

It was as though she had just appeared from thin air that night.

As the S.H.I.E.L.D agents soon found, Lola was a bit of a handful. She took humor in taunting the agents with her powers, causing them to trip, or drop papers. When anyone would try to reason with her, she would flat-out ignore them. Everyone except the man that she had first spoken to, Mr. Phil Coulson.
And so Nick Fury decided that it would be best if Lola stayed with Coulson, because she was to dangerous for any foster family to care for, but with too volatile of a attitude for any S.H.I.E.L.D faculty or agent to deal with.

So Lola went with Coulson. Everywhere.
She refused to leave his side, and anyone who would try to make her, got shoved to the floor using her power.
But despite her normally foul attitude, she really was a sweet, caring girl when you got to know her. And as she grew older by Coulson's side, she started to be more sweet and outgoing to everyone, realizing that her vile temperament wasn't winning her any favors.
Coulson treated Lola like a Daughter, and she treated him like a father. On days when he wasn't busy, they would work on his car together, a 1962 cherry- red corvette.
Lola loved that car, almost as much as Coulson did. They would upgrade it together, and then Coulson would give Lola driving lessons in it, plainly displaying how much he trusted the young girl.