Flashbacks Part 2

-The day the Romanoffs moved in to the Barton home-

It had been awkward when Natasha had adopted me, officially becoming my mom.
Mom.
I still couldn't let that word roll of my tongue quite yet, so I referred to her as Natasha. But I felt, that maybe one day I would be able too. I liked Natasha. I had only known her for 3 days, but each one of those three days was nice, spent wandering around the
Tri-scallion till I was cleared to leave. That was when she told me that we were moving to her best friends home, because it was the most unknown location she could think of. I understood why, they had to hide me.

The world couldn't know about the little girl with the ungodly power.

They said it was because people would try to hurt me.

But as I sat in the Qin-jet, while Natasha flew to our new home, a small duffle with my only belongings at my feet, I had to wonder.

Was it actually because they were worried that I would hurt people?
I mean, I had to mentally agree that it would make sense.
I had permanently deemed three agents to wheelchairs for the rest of their lives.
Coulson wouldn't be proud of me.
He used to sit with me, and we would train to control my rage. We would do deep breathing, and meditation to control my mind, and I eventually got pretty good at it.
But I have lost control again.

I looked up at the woman in the cockpit, and I called out gently,

"Natasha?"

"Yes?" She said, without turning around.

"Did you have rage and discipline issues like I do?"

"I did, when I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. The red room had engraved a killers mentality into my brain, and for the first month, my instinct was hard to resist." She says softly, and I am surprised.

"How did you stop yourself?"

"Using another technique that The Red Room taught me. Disciplinary sport. Ballet." She says.

"Would it help me?" I say softly, and the back of her head tilts foreword, in a nod.

"Yes it would Lola."

I nodded to myself, and then tilted to the side, curling up on the benches, and falling asleep.

————————————————

Lola awakens as Natasha calls out to her.

"Lola, we are arriving." She says, and the young girl rub her eyes, sitting up slowly. She unbuckles as the Jet soars, and shuffles over to the front window.

As the jet gently dips, She looks upon a fairly large farmhouse and fields. The home looks sturdy, and it has a nice barn in the area next to it. Natasha gently lands the cloaked jet on the grass, and then shuts it off. Lola heads back over to her seat, grabbing her small bag, and Natasha grabs her's. As they exit the jet and trudge across the fields in the waning afternoon light, Lola asks Natasha quietly,

"It makes sense that my bag is small, but why is yours? Don't you have a lot of personal items?"

"I don't own anything outside of what is in this bag. It makes everything easier, since I move a lot." she say, and Lola nods, understanding. When she lived with Coulson, there was lots of traveling. Her only home had been with him. Now, the young girl struggled to find a sense of herself in the stark and unfamiliar sense of normalcy.

As they reached the porch of the farmhouse, they clunked up the wooden steps, stopping at the door. Natasha Knocks, and a man with sandy blond hair and a smiling face opens the door. He is wearing work boots, Jeans, and a purple checkered shirt.