Chapter 8 : The Second Day Mancer's & Demon's

I stood in confusion, as I was as puzzled as Mellissa. I didn't know what to think, I didn't know what Otaku was anymore, I thought she was as human as I was. I thought she was like me, I thought so much. I started to think that Otaku might be a demon, just like Mellissa. I just couldn't understand how Misty could be afraid of Otaku; she saved my life. She saved me wasn't that enough to make Misty know that Otaku wasn't going to harm any of us. Even if Misty didn't believe that she was trying to help, I did.

Otaku got off her chair and walked to me, as she was confronting me, to make sure I was listening.

"Jamie, I know this is going to be hard to say," she hesitated to say what she had to say next,

"Get away from her Jamie!" Misty yelled, in fear.

"No Misty I trust her," I truly did, "I trust you Esmeralda." That must've been enough courage for Otaku to say what she needed to say because she started to speak again.

"I am a Mancer," she said, "A Mancer is... it's kind of hard to put it. It would be simple if I just say it like a human would say it, I'm an 'Alien'" Otaku said. I was stunned, the first thing I thought was 'what?' and then the next thing I thought was 'what? How are aliens and demons anyway connected? I could barely believe what I was hearing, but then I remembered almost being murdered by the girl I liked, then it wasn't so hard to understand.

"Cool," spat out, it was the only thing I could think of.

"My name is Esmeralda Amethyst Mancer, my gift was having a life on this star planet," she took a breath, "Jamie do you remember when I asked you to call me Otaku? And you wondered what I was obsessed about?"

"Yes, I do remember that." I acknowledged.

"Well, to tell you honestly, the thing I am obsessed about is demons. My whole life I've witnessed stories told about demons by my folk people. I've seen the demons that follow many people, I've seen the destruction they've caused, I've seen how they've corrupted Angels and I've seen how they've affected you. Jamie. I've seen all this in just seventeen years I've lived my life." Otaku looked down, trying to control tears. "I need to stop it, I need to stop everything the Hade's are doing." She clenched her fists, "They are destroying everything. And nearly destroyed us too, if it wasn't for your Angel friend and Demon-kin. I would've been killed."

There was a silence for a moment...

We all stood there in the room, Misty stopped her feeling of fear and had the feelings of sorrow and loss. Mellissa just stood in the corner awkwardly and as for me I put my hands on Esmeralda's shoulders. She looked at me her face red with the depression she has been carrying.

"I'm glad you weren't" I whispered, and as from that the sad look on her face turned into a smile, and then developed back to her usual blank face she puts on. She moved back to her desk and sat on it,

"I know why you were afraid of me Angel," Otaku said, "My kind kill's your kind. We are known for killing Angels and Demon's. Don't worry; I am neither trained nor skilled in any type of fighting."

"I am sorry for scaring you, it's just that text gave me a scare, maybe I shouldn't make accusations about people before I know them." Misty said with a guilty look, as if she felt angry with herself for thinking the worst.

"What do you mean you have to stop what the Hade's are doing?" Mellissa asked, I think everyone might've forgotten she was there, but we noticed when she flicked her tail in the air and rested it on her left shoulder.

"The Hade's, I've been researching them, studying what they have been doing," Otaku said.

"And what have they been doing?"

"Yeah what are they doing?" Misty repeated, in concern.

"Do you know the peril in the heavenly kingdom that the Great Ones can't control?" Otaku whispered as if she was afraid of someone hearing.

"Yes, I think everyone in this room does." Mellissa said in irritation she wanted things to get the point.

"Well since the unbalance of power between both plains of Heaven and the Underworld, Hade's are finding more ways to transport between worlds using Earth as an anchor."

"Shit..."

"Yes, we are in serious shit." Otaku replied back in her old usual tone.
"So the Hade's are using Earth as an Anchor," Mellissa said tapping her forehead.

"Wait, what does this even mean?" I asked in despair, I needed an answer. All this talk was messing with my head, I didn't know if I was still dreaming or not. But Misty was standing in shock eyes widened with her hands over the side of head, as she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"It means, the Demon's known as Hade's are getting to the heavenly kingdom using Earth as a gateway somehow. Which means Earth could be over run with Hade's which could dissolve your world from the inside out."
"What?"

"For fuck sake Jamie, everyone around you could be a demon, your mother, your friends. We saw what Anna was and we couldn't even tell the difference. This world will be in ruins soon enough."

"She's right Jamie," Otaku announced typing on her computer, "I believe Anna was a Hade's Type H, they are the healing factor type who have the ability to heal their wounds and tend to make new ones. Powerful ones also have the ability to manipulate people's minds in making them unknown to what their fate is" Otaku showed everyone in the room the computer, it was an image of what looked like Anna but instead of the picture of the girl having straw coloured hair, she had blood red coloured hair, and the teeth were less vicious than I remember Anna's or even Mellissa's teeth for that matter.

"This Mancer's right, she was a Healing Factor Hade's but I have no idea how one that powerful would try to take the souls of mere teenagers, they're life force is not even as close as what she needs to survive."

"Wait, she needs to live off their souls?" I asked.

"Yes, she needs to feed off them, physically and mentally so she can be nourished, but an average fifteen year old would only be a twentieth of the amount she needs. And I still don't get how the ones she fed off physical bodies were still there after the incident."

"What if we going about this the wrong way?" I asked, putting everything together, "What if Anna, needed to have servants to do her bidding or something?"

"Jamie... what are you trying to say." Misty asked finally relaxing after her panic attack.

"Yeah, what are you getting at? Better not be something stupid." Mellissa added.

"Tell us Jamie," Otaku added more.

"It's not stupid, just listen." I replied in annoyance, "I'm saying that, since everything I thought I was hallucinating is real, it means that yesterday when Ben was having a seizure and the ones around us staring at me, they weren't figments of imagination, they were actually staring at me without a care in the world of Ben." I took a breath.

"So you're saying?" Mellissa asked.

"I'm saying that, they might be Hade's or at least what Otaku said being controlled to do whatever their fate is, because I've known most of the one's who were staying since I was in the sixth grade..." I got interrupted again.

"Still doesn't explain how the other's have physical bodies still." Mellissa questioned trying to spite the idea I had.

"I was getting to that. I remember that Anna said she 'Needed' Ben. I think she's using Ben's life force to secure physical beings or at least make illusions. I've seen you, Mellissa makes illusions before in the past, and it shouldn't be hard for another Demon to do it. And besides, it makes sense, using a high school as food, she's got us all locked up like cattle in there." I had no idea where that came from, I think I felt like Sherlock Holmes for a minute.

"So this is what I was told so much about from Fable. The Knowledge of Gnatus... within such a child."