Chapter 59: ??? A Road to Freedom

One of the most exciting thing travelling in the underworld would have to be the different scents. And of course there are some scents that smell like Mellissa's shitty attitude, but scents like bubblegum and steak, started to roam the air. It smelled delicious, although in the grey cracked road I doubt there would be any stops to find food, to find freedom. It's kind of funny when you think about it though, I don't think I've eaten in days, my body hasn't been concerned on food. In fact in the underworld I doubt I've eaten more than two meals. But a few moons under the world's sun, I started to crave some of the food I could smell on the road Jimmy made us follow. The crappy thing is, this road is way too long. The sides of it covered in dirt and grime, but for some odd reason I can smell roast.

"I'm so hungry!" I yelled out as my stomach grumbled.

"You've said that forty four times already," Misty sighed, she seemed hungry too.

"You've been keeping count?" I asked as my stomach started to grumble some more.

"Yeah and if you say it one more time I'm going to lose it," Misty shouted, "Why didn't you pack any food before you left?"

"I didn't think it would take so long," I sighed out, "Although it's only technically been a day and a half in Australia

"Are you sure you haven't even been keeping count of how much you've eaten, you're sounding like you have no clue what to do." Misty spitted out as her stomach growled like a fearsome beast.

"Someone's being a little bit rude," I laughed, this road isn't going to lead us anywhere anytime soon. And I'm sick of being hungry, and at first I thought I was hallucinating when I saw the Ute just parked at the side of the road but as I looked closer I saw it as clear as day. Or night. Or whatever fucking time it was here anymore.

"Um Misty?"

"Yeah Jamie, what?"

"Was that rusted old Ute there this entire time?" I asked in concern.

"Don't know," Misty said confused.

And what was even more confusing is that Jimmy the Killick jumped in the Ute through the window. I guess we're driving the rest of the way. We jumped into the rusted dirty old Ute which smelled of fresh paint, and steak. It made me want to drool over the steak and vomit over the paint. It was disgusting mix. I looked at the ignition and the keys, were firmly rusted into it like a diamond in the rust.

"Have you ever driven before Jamie?" Misty's curious face told me what she was scared of.

"If I have I would've used a car about a week ago."

"Don't be a smartass, I was being serious can you actually drive?"

"No." I turned the ignition. The car started up rough and staggered, and then nothing. The engine didn't continue it died out, and I felt nothing but annoyance as I knew walking was our option once more.

"Fucking hell," I whispered punching the steering wheel. I opened the car door.

"Guess we'll have to walk." Misty sighed.

"No, we don't." I smiled, "We're at our spot."

I looked at the giant thirty seven and a half story hotel that laid in front of our eyes.

Hotel California.