Chapter 54: ??? A Pint of Life

A bruised up Angel and half a demon walked out of Deaths Den that day. Grim was happy, her white eyes gave a smile of relief. She was finally rid of me and I finally had what I came for. Jimmy didn't walk out he kinda just ran and fell over and bounced around like the demonic marshmallow was made to do. Misty was taking her time to recover, and Jimmy led the way.

"Another Pint," Misty laughed spitting out some more blood, "I really should look at a doctor,"

"Maybe, but your wounds are healing faster than I've seen anything else heal," I smiled, "You'll be fine within the hour,"

One thing we did as we walked through the field of dark light was talk about what happened. It turned out Misty was just as surprised as I was when her heart was torn from her body. And when things began to fade, she felt nothing but the cold dry air. Her soul was lost in darkness... It was nothing like dying when she turned into an angel, it was like a disgusting wrath strapped onto her and tried tearing her apart.

"That's one tough break."

"Don't get me started on Grim! Jamie you have no idea how agonising her tests were." Misty laughed, as she wiped the black tears off her face with her white dress sleeve. "I ruined the dress you kept for me," I didn't actually remember about it until I found it in my jacket, It just somehow happened to be there.

"It's just a dress," I laughed.

"That's not the point Jamie, you saved it for me. And now it's ruined."

"Why don't you just wear the clothes Grim got you?" I sighed.

"Because they're tacky."

"Who says tacky anymore?" I joked.

"I died and came back to life I can say whatever I want." Misty ranted.

"Someone's feisty today."

Jimmy stopped dead in his tracks and looked down into the ground, knowing the look on its smug face we're going down. Again. Jimmy went face first into the dirt and dissolved into the burnt dirt pile.

"What is he doing?" Misty looked horrified.

"Well we're looking for Father Time, so I guess he found the pathway," I said like I knew what I was saying, in fact I did know what I was saying.

"You still trying to be a demon?" Misty looked concerned her blue eyes stared at me sternly as I placed my left foot into the dirt.

"Yeah I need to, so I can do what's right, I'm going to save them Misty." I'm going to save all of them.

I jumped into the dirt pile and started to fall downwards spiralling gravity felt heavy. My back ached as I fell. I guess I have to do it again, but another thought went through my mind as I fell. I looked at the brick wall to my left which followed my lead. No doubt Misty is going to fall downwards as well, if she does she won't be prepared.

I remembered the burning sensation in my heart as the necklace shined. The sword of hearts appeared in my left hand, and I stabbed the wall with all my force into the wall, which reduced my speed as I fell. the sword breaking the wall as I slid down. I saw Misty falling and at this point I had enough momentum to catch her without hurting her and still be slowing down at the process. Before I knew it I caught her in my right arm.

"Hey you fell for me," I flirted.

"Are you trying to get me killed Jamie!" Misty yelled in panic, "This is no time for pick up lines!"

"Hey I caught you at least,"

"Don't get cocky." Misty fell silent for a second, "Why is there a brick wall."

Misty's concern was genuine if there was a brick wall, why was it so high up? And if there is a wall here that means, we're somewhere. Somewhere we shouldn't be.

As my foot touched the gold on the ground I realised where in the underworld we stood.

"You dare touch King Reed's Treasure?" A man yelled with a stern look on his face. His outfit seemed to be one of a king's, everything was lined was gold. Even his hair. "Those were my spoils!" The man screamed as his fingers turned to knives, and his face illuminated with greed. "No one else gets Reed's Treasure except me!"

"Greed little bastard," I whispered withdrawing my sword, "Fuck your gold."