t h r e e

H A R R Y

I somehow manage to struggle through class, having to use my best acting skills to pretend that I'm completely fine even when I'm not. Of course, Scarlett doesn't notice anything's wrong because in her eyes, nothing is. But it's always been like that, so I guess I should be used to it by now. Scarlett hooks up with some guy right in front of me, and I have to stand on the sidelines acting like I don't care because I'm just her best friend, when really I feel like my heart is being ripped from my chest and stamped on with her high heels.

I'm insanely grateful when the class reaches an end and we're finally allowed to go, quickly dodging past Kyle who appears at the door to meet Scarlett. I roll my eyes as I push past them, knowing they may be all loved up right now, but it's only a matter of time before they're screaming at each other again.

I try my best to push my Scarlett worries out of my mind as I head into the canteen. I push open the double doors and scan the room, spotting my group of friends already crowded around our usual table, all laughing and messing around. I spot an empty seat next to Liam and I flop down into it, reaching out to nick one of his chips from his plate.

"Oi, get your grubby hands off," he says, punching my arm but I just shove him off, causing us to have a mini playful fight.

"Do you want me to stab you in the eye with a fork?" I threaten.

"Do it. I'd still pull more girls than you."

"Hey, look at the lovebirds," one of our other friends, Anna, interrupts, pointing over to the other side of the canteen.

Liam turns his head and I reluctantly cast a glance over in the same direction. Scarlett and Kyle are stood in the corner against the wall, talking, joking, and giving each other the occasional peck. His hands are placed on her lower back, although they begin to slide a little further down. She must eventually get fed up of it because she reaches down to pull them away, saying something, but he just laughs and kisses her again.

I feel my jaw involuntarily clench, wanting to go over there and tear off his prying hands and then maybe rip off his head too, just for added fun.

"How about that then, eh?" Liam says, finally pulling my attention away from them and back to the table. "I have to admit, I didn't expect those two to start copping off with each other."

"No one did," Anna laughs, shaking her head in disbelief. "I heard their relationship is very physical."

"I'm not surprised," Zayn says from further down the table. "You should've been at that party when they were in the bedroom together."

"Don't need to. I've heard Kyle describing it in rather graphic detail," Anna says, laughing to herself as she takes a sip of her water. "Go Scarlett! At least she's actually getting some action."

I shift uncomfortably in my seat, hoping no one will notice, however I know I've failed when Zayn shoots me a curious look. "You alright, Harry?" he asks me with a smug expression. "Don't like this conversation topic?"

"What? No, I'm fine," I lie, but Zayn just raises his eyebrows like he doesn't believe a word.

"You sure?"

"Shut up, Zayn," Anna tells him, rolling her eyes. "It is a bit odd, discussing one of our best friend's sex lives."

"As if we need to discuss it when they're giving us a live demonstration over there."

They all glance over again, but I divert my gaze, pretending to be uninterested. I reach out to grab a few more of Liam's chips while he's not looking, munching on them a little harder than I usually would.