n i n e t e e n

A.N.
if you haven't already, go and check out my story Divorce bc we're so close to 1M & I will actually cry when it hits it lmao. Also while you're there, have a read of Asset too ;) we love self promo

anyways, hope u enjoy this chapter x

S C A R L E T T

The bell rings as we push open the door, immediately greeted by the strong smell of disinfectant and the sound of buzzing coming from the rooms in the back of the parlour. Upon hearing us come in, the vaguely familiar tattooed and pierced man stood at the counter lifts his head up, his face immediately flashing with recognition and his lips lifting into a welcoming smile.

"Harry!" he calls out, walking out from behind the counter to greet him, giving him a one of those typical bro hugs.

"Chad," he laughs once they break apart, pulling me up to his side. "You remember Scarlett, right?"

"Yeah, I think we've met before," he nods, reaching out to shake my hand as his eyes flit between us. "So, is this your girl?"

Harry's eyes widen and he clears his throat awkwardly. "Uh, no...we....um..."

"We're just friends. Best friends," I finish for him and Harry slowly nods in agreement.

"Got it," Chad says, rubbing his hands together. "So, who's here for what? Getting another tat, Harry?"

"No, actually, I am," I tell him, side-eyeing Harry. "Although Mr Grumpy doesn't want me to."

"Ah, don't be a hypocrite," Chad says to Harry, shaking his head. "You have plenty."

"That's what I said!" I exclaim. "He is a hypocrite, isn't he?"

"Ok, can you two not team up against me?" Harry says, gesturing between us both. "You're supposed to be my mates."

Chad just laughs, holding his hands up in surrender. He turns around and reaches out to grab the tattoo book from the counter. "Here, have a look through this. I'll just go make sure we have a room free," he says, handing me the book before heading off to one of the rooms at the back.

I shrug happily, placing the book onto the counter and flicking through the pages of colourful designs. Harry tries to keep up his act of still being annoyed and disinterested in my bad decisions, but he eventually slopes over too, peering at the book over my shoulder. I begin to jokingly point out tattoos that I would never actually get, but it's fun to see his reaction.

"Oooh, I like the dragon," I say, pointing to the large fire-breathing dragon design. "Maybe on my ass? That'd be cool."

"No," he says, reaching out to flip the page over for me. "It wouldn't."

"What about a butterfly right above my ass?" I ask him instead.

"If you get a tramp stamp I will disown you."

I smile at his displeased expression, finding it very amusing to tease him like this. "Hmm. What about a big arrow pointing down to my pu-"

"Alright, I'm ready when you are," Chad suddenly says, appearing from behind us again.

I shoot Harry a sweet smile at his shocked expression from my previous words, dodging past him as I snap the book shut. "I'm ready."