f o r t y

A.N.
my thoughts & condolences are with the victims of the horrific and hateful terrorist attack in New Zealand, I'm sending all my love to the muslim community at this time 💜

My heart is also with the Tomlinson family after the loss of the beautiful Felicite Tomlinson, I'm thinking of Louis and the rest of the family❤️

There's been a whole lot of sadness lately, so I hope that this update maybe helps cheer you up a little x

H A R R Y

The next morning, I wake up before Scarlett. Turning my head to the side, I spend a few minutes just gazing at her, the sunlight streaming through the curtains making her features more visible than they were in the darkness of last night. Her body is tangled up in my sheets, dark hair fanned out across the pillow, a few curled strands falling across her forehead. Her eyebrows are furrowed slightly, seemingly frowning in her dreams, but she still manages to look as pretty as ever, her cheeks rosy and lips pursed in a cute little pout. My lips stretch into a smile, wondering how I got so lucky to have this beautiful girl laying here beside me.

After glancing over at her one last time, I climb out of bed and quietly make my way downstairs, not wanting to wake her up when she looks so peaceful. With a yawn, I grab a few pieces of bread and pop them into the toaster. While I wait, I aimlessly walk around the kitchen, catching sight of myself in the reflection of the fridge and finding that I have a small smile on my face, causing me to shake my head at myself in disbelief.

No matter how cheesy it sounds, I'm happy. Very happy, in fact. After last night, I feel refreshed, almost like a weights been lifted off my shoulders. My feelings for Scarlett have been continuously growing for years and years, and after all the tension that's been building between us for the past few months, I finally feel like we've gotten some respite. Not to mention, I've finally got over the blue balls she always gives me with her teasing, seductive ways.

The mere thought of her brings a smile to my face again, visions and images of her continuing to flash through my mind. I'm not sure when I started to feel this way about Scarlett, I don't think I could ever pin it down to an exact moment because it seems like I've felt this way forever, but I just know there's always been something about her. Something unique and special, something I doubt I'd ever be able to find in anyone else.

There's always been a flicker in those chestnut brown eyes of hers, a mischievous glint as if she knows something no one else does, seen things that no one else has. She is just alive. When I think of life, and how it feels to truly be alive, I always think of her.

The sound of the toaster popping snaps me out of my thoughts, Scarlett's face fading in my mind as I head over to butter each piece of toast and stack them onto a plate before heading back upstairs. When I push open the door to my bedroom, I find that Scarlett is now beginning to wake up, although she continues to bury her head further into the pillow as she tries to get back to sleep, craving the comfort and the warmth. I smile as I walk over, placing the plate onto the bedside table before climbing back into bed, Scarlett's eyes peeking up at me over the duvet.

"Morning, sleeping beauty," I tease her, making her eyes roll playfully before she reluctantly pulls herself up into a sitting position, groaning softly at the exertion. Shaking my head at her in amusement, I reach behind me to grab the plate of toast, holding it between us. "I got us some breakfast."

As usual, Scarlett's face lights up upon seeing some food, her hand quickly reaching out to grab a piece and taking a large bite out of it, humming in appreciation. "Mmm, I love white toast with butter," she says in between her mouthful.