t w e n t y s e v e n

A.N.
this chapter is quite long but i didn't know where to split it & also I have lots of work/studying to do this week so i probably won't have time to write or update until next week

you all killed it with the comments & votes last chapter, so remember to vote/comment on this chapter, engagement really helps. Enjoy this long ass chapter x

H A R R Y

I wake up to feel a warm presence on top of my body, which confuses me for a few seconds before I let my eyes flicker open, finding Scarlett fast asleep below me. Both of us are sprawled out across the bed, Scarlett's head resting on my chest and my arm lazily flung over her body, our legs tangled up between the duvet that somehow ended up rumpled during the night. I'm not sure how we ended up like this, but I definitely know it wasn't supposed to happen.

Just as I'm waking up, Scarlett begins to stir too and after a few seconds, her eyes also snap open. I watch as the realisation of our current situation hits her, making her eyes widen before we both suddenly spring apart at the same time, staring back at each other in shock.

"What are you still doing here?" she hisses at me, clearly trying to keep her voice down because Joanne is downstairs, which we can tell by the sound of her clanging around in the kitchen.

"I don't know," I reply, glancing around in confusion as I internally begin to ask myself the same question. "I must've fallen asleep at some point."

"What did you do that for?" she asks me with a small huff, trying to be quiet as she crawls off the bed, wincing when it creaks beneath her.

"Oh I'm sorry, maybe I was tired from dragging your drunk ass back home," I reply, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

She just rolls her eyes at me, untangling herself from the bed sheets before tiptoeing over to her bedroom door. I pull myself up into a sitting position as she slowly creaks open the door enough to poke her head around, pausing for a few seconds before pulling back again.

"Ok, she's just making coffee," Scarlett tells me, gently closing the door shut again. "She should be heading off in a minute."

I furrow my eyebrows as she walks back over to the bed. "Is it really such a problem if she finds out I slept here last night?"

"Have you met my mother, Harry?" she asks me. "First, she's going to be pissed if she finds out I was drunk again, because she made me promise to tone it down."

"Well, you've already broken that promise, as expected."

She just raises an eyebrow at me, choosing to ignore my last comment. "And after that party, she also said no one else is allowed to set foot into this house unless they live here."

"Including me?" I ask with a fake offended gasp.

"Including you, darling," she teases with a smile, reaching out to playfully pinch my cheek. I swat her away, but she just laughs in amusement. "So yeah, it's going to be a quite a problem if she finds out you slept over."

"What am I meant to do then? Climb out the window?"

"No, we're not in a film. We'll just wait until she's gone."

"That's a bit boring."

"Better than being dead," she says, arching an eyebrow at me. "Which is what I'll be if my mum finds out you're here."

I just shake my head at her dramatics, but choose not to comment further. Seeing as I can't really get up or go anywhere in case Joanne hears me, I lean back against the headboard of Scarlett's bed, reaching up to rub my tired eyes as I let out a yawn. When I bring my hands back down and open my eyes again, I find Scarlett staring back at me with a small smile on her face as she sits cross-legged in front of me.