t w e n t y f o u r

H A R R Y

H A R R Y

My eyes watch her carefully, all the surrounding noise and bustle fading away into nothing, like I'm peering through a kaleidoscope and she's the beautiful burst of colour at the end. Bright, vibrant, radiant. A transcendent glow, rare magic that only I can sense.

She sits on the other side of the room, too far for me to reach but always close enough for me to see. One of her legs is crossed over the other as she perches on the edge of the couch, her tight top exposing her tanned shoulder which she occasionally flicks her long hair over, the rest cascading down her back in loose, caramel curls.

Her deep brown eyes glisten whenever the light catches them, glowing with humor and playfulness that never seems to escape her. Her lips, which are painted a light nude colour, stretch upwards whenever she smiles, her mouth opening wider when she laughs, a melody that I swear I can hear from several feet away, or perhaps the sound is just entrenched in my mind.

But none of that really matters. It's never been the way she looks. It's more so the way she feels, the way she can make you feel, the way she just simply is. I reckon I could've still fallen in love with her with my eyes closed.

I grip my phone in my hand as my eyes remain trained on that corner of the room, every so often tapping my nails against the hard screen just for something to do. Zayn is sat beside her now, seeming a lot closer than he was when they first started their conversation, which must be very amusing by how often they laugh at each other. Funny that, because I wouldn't really peg Zayn as the most humorous one out of our friend group. It clearly isn't that much of an issue though because he continues to make Scarlett laugh anyway, and I find myself narrowing my eyes every time.

"Harry? Harry? Earth to Harry....."

The sound of my name being called snaps me out of my trance and I finally tear my gaze away from Scarlett and Zayn, who I seem to have been glaring at for much longer than I thought I had, judging by the confused expression on Bella's face.

"Sorry," I quickly reply, shooting her a small smile and hoping she didn't catch onto what, or who, had me so distracted. "What were you saying?"

I notice she still looks a little puzzled, but she must just shrug it off because she doesn't comment on it, launching us back into our previous conversation. I try to pay attention as much as I can, but every time the sound of Scarlett's laughter fills my ears, my eyes can't help but swivel over to her direction again. Each time, I find Scarlett and Zayn sitting closer. Each time, I find their smiles have grown wider. Each time, I feel myself getting more pissed off.

When Bella's gone off to the toilet, Liam comes over and joins me where I'm currently sat, flopping down on the seat beside me. "Alright, mate?" he asks me cheerfully.

"Yeah," I reply, my tone sounding a lot more somber than his. My gaze stays focused on the corner of the room before I bring my eyes to Liam, raising an eyebrow and trying my best to sound casual. "What's going on with those two?"