t w e n t y t w o

A

A.N.
another update already wow who am i

i'd really appreciate it if you guys could vote/comment more bc the chapters get like 500+ reads but barely any votes or comments lol engagement wya

anyways, enjoy this chapter x

S C A R L E T T

"That was my shot, you prick!"

"No, it wasn't. Maybe you should be faster then."

"It's not my fault I have a shitty gun."

"Yeah, yeah. Excuses aren't going to make up for the fact that you're shit at this game."

I roll my eyes at the boys' pointless bickering as they play what feels like their fifth game of Call of Duty, resting my elbow against the arm of the sofa. Ever since Niall bought a bigger flatscreen TV, which he hasn't shut up about, our group hangouts have moved to Liam and Niall's flat, which is just as typically boyish and messy as you'd expect it to be. I'm probably sitting on an empty beer can or a crisp packet as we speak.

Sighing, I glance down at my phone to check the time, wondering when Anna and Zayn are going to get back from the shop with some more beers. Niall and Harry are playing on the Xbox, so I'm feeling very bored and also slightly awkward just sitting on the couch doing nothing and having no one to talk to.

Speaking of Harry, things have been going well between us over the past few weeks with the whole going back to friends thing, but I'd be lying if I said there haven't been some moments when we almost get too close, or times when I kind of miss being close with him.

I can't help but think about that now as I look at him, my eyes scanning over him as I have nothing else to do. He's sat on the other couch next to Niall, bent forward slightly as he grips the controller tightly in his hands, staring intensely at the TV screen. I feel my lips arch into a smile as I watch him, finding his concentration face rather endearing. His slightly clenched jaw, pursed pink lips, narrowed eyes, that cute little crease in the space between his eyebrows....

"Scarlett, budge up a bit."

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of my name being called, glancing up to find Liam stood above me, holding more drinks he just got from the kitchen. I quickly pull myself up to sit straighter, moving my legs so he has room to sit down. He smiles at me thankfully as he flops down on the couch beside me, offering me one of the cans.

"So," he says after I crack open the can and take a sip. "Why are you staring at Harry?"

I almost choke on my drink, coughing as I lower the can from my lips. "I-I'm not."

He just raises an eyebrow. "Yeah, you are," he says, leaning closer so I'm the only one who can hear him. "You're looking at him all longingly."