e i g h t

S C A R L E T T

S C A R L E T T

As soon as I feel Harry's lips press against mine, I can't help but let out a small gasp of shock. I'm not sure what I was expecting him to do when he started to walk back over to me, but it definitely wasn't this.

Harry grips hold of my face tightly, holding my face close to his. I want to pull away before I completely lose myself, but I somehow can't bring myself to, all of my senses already overwhelmed by him and making it harder for me to think straight. The kiss is slow and soft, comforting me in a way that I never thought possible, sending a wave of unfamiliar warmth through my body. His hand rests below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek as he continues to kiss me.

I still don't know what I'm doing, still way too surprised by everything that's happening, so when I feel Harry's tongue at the seam of my lips, I find myself parting my mouth to allow him access without even thinking. My hands move up and land on his chest like I'm going to shove him away, but as soon as I feel his tongue push against mine, I stop, letting them just rest there instead.

I don't even realise he's pushed me against a car until I feel the cold metal against my back, one of his hands now placed on my waist to hold me there. My mind is shouting at me to stop, telling me to pull away, but my body betrays me by staying in place, kissing Harry back just as hard as he's kissing me. A shiver shoots down my spine as he varies the pressure, my body curving further into his, practically melting in his arms. No one's ever had this effect on me before, and I've never experienced this feeling of warmth that's flooding through my entire body, making me tingle in places I didn't even know could. I definitely don't feel this way when Kyle kisses me....

Oh fuck. Kyle.

"Mhmm, stop," I murmur against Harry's lips, finally managing to wrench my mouth away from his. I glance up at him, swallowing down the large lump of guilt in my throat. "W-we can't. I'm with Kyle..."

Harry lets out a deep breath, resting his forehead against mine. I watch him carefully as he just closes his eyes, both of us remaining in the same position for a while. After a few more minutes of silence, Harry eventually pulls away, taking a few steps back from me. He looks a little dazed, almost like he's confused about what just happened.

"I know. I'm sorry," he says quietly, his expression hard to read. "I...I don't know why I just did that."

I press my lips tightly together, trying to get rid of the tingly sensation I can still feel from the kiss. "I-it's ok," I try to assure both him and myself.

Harry shakes his head. "No, it's not," he says, the tone of his voice and his expression growing angrier. Before I have the chance to say anything, he makes me jump when he suddenly slams his hand against the car we were just against, which I realise is his a few seconds later. "Fuck!"

I'm a little taken aback by his actions, shocked to see him like this. "Harry, relax," I tell him, reaching out to grab his arm but he dodges my attempt of comfort. "You don't need to get angry. It's ok."