Chapter Two

He was either nervous about something or was in serious haste to get out of here as soon as possible.

My eyes travelled up his shaking leg with growing curiosity. Whatever he was thinking about, his body mirrored his eagerness.

It was distracting.

Or maybe I was paying too much attention to him?

No matter how hard I tried to focus on the lesson, I couldn't. My stupid mind couldn't stop thinking maybe...just maybe there was something optimistic about this guy.

I continued trailing my eyes upwards, towards his face. He was picking at the side of his finger nervously. His fingers seemed long and slender, just like his limbs. Although, he did have an adequate muscle build that fitted him perfectly. I looked at the ground again and spotted his sketchbook inclined against the wall. You needed a sketchbook here for Visual Studies. Maybe he was an artist like me?

Sketching was never my best skill in Visual Study, and snobby Gareth reminded me of that in each class. There was no way he could beat me in any form of painting though and that was good enough for me. I wasn't terrible at drawing. Percy actually thinks I'm amazing at it; however, there was always something about the smell of paint and the way it glides against my blank canvas that intrigued me ever since I was a child.

When the bell rang, I pulled my mind back to reality. The students began to scurry out of the class and I slowly gathered my books and my bag before standing. I think I had biology now with Mr. We-

"Excuse me..." a familiar voice spoke, and I froze.

Someone was actually talking to me...

I glanced up and met Kyle Andrew's incredibly hazel-green eyes. My breath hitched, and my notebook fell from my shaking hands immediately. I cringed at my clumsiness and reached to pick it up, but he beat me to it, with a warm smile.

His eyes were incredibly unique. My mind couldn't comprehend how the two colours swirled and mixed like that, but they did, and it drew me in. Did I have those colours in my studio? Maybe if I mixed the light brown with-

"Uh, are you okay?" he asked, raising his brows quizzically.

My mouth fell open in shock and I recovered quickly, squeezing my notebook tightly as I took it from him. I needed to get a grip of myself. "Y-yeah, sorry," I mumbled, feeling awkward.

Kyle Andrews was too gorgeous. All I wanted to do is just paint him...

"I hope you don't mind me bothering you but seeing as everyone else already rushed out of here, would you like to show me around?" he asked, a smile on his lips.

I swallowed, and his brows pulled together at the action. "Hey, are you okay? You look like you're struggling to breathe-"

"Maybe because she knows she doesn't have the class to talk to someone like you," a similar voice suddenly said from the door.

My heart fell as Kyle glanced at the door towards her. Selena Rodriguez was the meanest female I've come to know at Vector Academy. Her father was on the board of directors and after they posted up my debts, she came to not only ignore me more but actually dropped insults whenever we were in the same room. Thankfully she wasn't a part of my homeroom.

My sudden hope began to fall and I felt sadness beginning to overwhelm me. It was no use. In a matter of days, I bet Kyle will be ignoring me too.

"Selena, why would you say that?" Kyle asked, and I glanced at him. He seemed puzzled.