Chapter Twenty-Five

“And Kyle doesn't know?” Alicia asks in shock.

I shook my head in response as I nervously scanned inside the cafeteria for Jackson or Kyle. I haven't seen any of them since this morning and I grew so nervous that I ended up telling Alicia what happened between me and her brother.

Her widen blue eyes showed how surprised she is at her brothers’ confession. “Whoa, I couldn't even tell.”

“His confession was very unexpected.” I added, shivering at the memory.

She bit her lips and met my eyes somewhat wearily. “My brother doesn't give up easily. Just tell him you like him.” she suggest.

“Alicia I would be lying.” I exclaimed, staring at her as if she was crazy.

“You said it yourself, you weren't sure!”

“Look, it doesn't matter. The point is, I can't figure out why Kyle wants to speak with him. They arent necessarily friends.” I stressed, changing the subject towards my initial concern.

Her eyes moved pass me. “Ask him yourself.” She says nodding her head at something behind me.

I glanced around and exhale in relief when I saw Kyle entering the cafeteria- unharmed. I didn't think Jackson would really hurt him physically, however I had the slight fear something awful might have gone down between them.

Recognising that we were sitting inside instead of outside, Kyle furrowed his brows has he joined us at our table. “Why are we inside?” he asked.

Alicia scoffed. “Your girl here was getting anxious about you.” she mused and I glared at her.

Kyle raised his brows. “I told you not to worry babe.” he says softly.

I sighed. “Why did you meet him?”

He shrugged. “We just spoke about guy stuff.” he says vaguely, glancing down at his phone.

Alicia and I exchanged a confused look. “Just guy stuff?” I stressed.

“Yeah.” he says simply.

Jackson walked inside the cafeteria a couple seconds after laughing along with his friends. He didn't give any indication to him and Kyle's meet when he briefly glanced at our table. It was almost as if it didn't happen.

However, I was determined to find out what they were up to. I had to.

✺✺✺✺

I agreed to go dress shopping with Alicia after school, then call Kyle to pick me up and take me to his house afterwards. He really wanted to finish the painting this week and apparently had a lot left to had onto it.

Alicia and I stopped at the local mall and she took me to this small store she discovered hidden behind Target the other day.

Only one lady worked inside because it was so small. She seems to be in her early thirties and dressed really retro with bright headbands and over a dozen bracelets trailing up her arms.

“We can get some good deals in here.” Alicia whispered as the lady began to hunt through the racks of clothes for a dress to present to us.

I raised my brows in surprise. “Not to sound mean, but I would never thought you would worry about the price for anything.”

She sighed and played with the fur on a blouse hanging on a rack close by. A distant and sad look clouding her eyes. “My folks are rich. Not me.”

“Jackson told me the same thing.”

She met my eyes. “He isn't lying. Our mom died when we were young. But our father never really cared much, so his will is written for his new wife and kids. That's why Jackson and I live with our Aunt now. That's why I came here. I mean they aren't struggling financially but it's not ours, if you know what I mean.” she explained.